Job Title: Business Counselor
Job Function: Responsible for counseling small businesses, both start-up and existing, throughout New Jersey on business planning and best practices.
Accountability: Reports to Director of Training & Technical Assistance
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counsel start-up businesses and existing businesses throughout New Jersey
- Assist small businesses to build or improve their business plan
- Provide ongoing counseling to UCEDC loan clients for sustainability
- Perform site visits to UCEDC loan clients where appropriate
- Assist UCEDC loan clients with loan applications as required
- Assist UCEDC Lending Team with loan closings when needed
- Respond to inquiries from clients and the business community to provide timely business advice and referrals.
- Perform public speaking to inform the business community about UCEDC services at events.
- Timely reporting of activities for inclusion in reports to funding agencies.
- 5 years business experience, 2 years working with small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Experience owning & operating a small business
- Strong oral and written skills
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, marketing and operational issues as they relate to small businesses, including the use of social media
- Familiar with using QuickBooks or other computerized accounting systems
- Experience in public speaking and networking
- Experience in developing curriculum and facilitating business training workshops a plus
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""