Overview SJI (NYSE: SJI), an energy services holding company based in Folsom, NJ, delivers energy services to its customers through three primary subsidiaries. SJI Utilities, SJI's regulated natural gas utility business, delivers safe, reliable, affordable natural gas to approximately 690,000 South Jersey Gas, Elizabethtown Gas and Elkton Gas customers in New Jersey and Maryland. SJI's non-utility businesses within South Jersey Energy Solutions promote efficiency, clean technology and renewable energy by providing customized wholesale commodity marketing and fuel management services; and developing, owning and operating on-site energy production facilities. SJI Midstream houses the company's interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project. For more information about SJI and its subsidiaries, visit- sjindustries.com
APPLY HERE: https://sjindustries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/SJI/job/Folsom---Corporate-Headquarters/Compensation-Analyst_R2631
A career as a Compensation Analyst will provide you the opportunity to conduct analysis and interpretation related to the organization’s compensation programs. You will analyze organizational data to produce metrics and conduct market analysis of positions to determine competitive positioning of the organizational pay programs. In addition, you will be responsible for participating in annual salary administration programs, including annual merit increases, bonus payments, budgets, salary structures, and survey participation.
- Owns full life cycle of conducting job analysis, market pricing, evaluation and salary administration to determine appropriate salary grades and pricing for all jobs levels
- Support the annual compensation review cycle, including calculation of merit and bonus payments, preparation of data and system, communication and training to HR Partners and leaders, consolidation of data for approvals, coordination with IT, submission to payroll and distribution of compensation statements
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition teams on proposals for new hire offers, promotions, and salary adjustments
- Conduct market analysis and identify trends of company jobs to determine competitive positioning of the organizations pay programs
- Ensure compliance and reviews job classifications based on scope of responsibility to ensure FLSA compliance.
- Maintain and update SJI’s job architecture structure
- Participate in compensation surveys
- Maintain job library with up-to-date job and comp data
- Administration of the employee recognition program
- Responsible for maintaining compensation systems
- Bachelor's in Economics, Finance, Business, Human Resources or related degree.
- 2+ years of related HR experience is required
- Proficient in using Excel formulas and functions to gather, analyze and manipulate large data sets.
- Understanding of concepts, practices and procedures of compensation programs
- Knowledgeable of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA) is preferred
- Workday experience or similar HRIS experience is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and proficient in Excel
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail and prioritization of tasks and deliverables.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : General