Construction Management Specialist
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is looking for a motivated and experienced individual with either an Engineering or a Geology background to join our growing construction management practice in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. GZA’s Construction Management practice is focused on providing comprehensive site management using a variety of project delivery systems. Our projects are primarily associated with environmental remediation and may include demolition of commercial/industrial facilities that contained regulated material. In addition to supporting construction/remediation on other GZA projects, our Construction Management practitioners are responsible for procuring qualified contractors/subcontractors, scheduling, estimating, reviewing technical submittals, responding to requests for information, understanding applicable regulations, executing health/safety procedures, and providing on site management.
Experienced personnel in GZA’s Construction Management discipline take on site supervisor positions and work directly with other GZA employees, other engineering firms, a variety of specialty contractors and subcontractors, and directly interface with the client. Candidate must be willing to travel including the possibility of extended assignments outside of the Philadelphia area.
Candidates Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or understand and comply with the Health and Safety procedures established for each project.
- Assist Sr. GZA personnel by reviewing and/or developing project-specific plans and specifications, developing budget estimates and schedules, and pre-qualifying and procuring contractors or subcontractors.
- Review, coordinate, and track budgets, submittals, and shop drawings
- Understand construction operations and interface with engineers to develop solutions to design issues
- Schedule and manage contractors and/or subcontractors to verify compliance with codes, standards, and the contract documents.
- Obtain, review, and generate record documents as project needs dictate
- Participate and/or lead weekly jobsite meetings
- Prepare reports and deliverables
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Construction Engineering
- At least 1+ year of experience in similar role as an Engineer for a remediation contractor performing site work, including remediation, and limited vertical construction work; internship experience applies
- Excellent management, communication, and organizational skills
- Understand the roles of CM as Agent and CM at Risk
- Thorough understanding of construction/remediation operations
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other project management applications. Knowledge and use of Microsoft Project is a necessity (alternatively experience with P6 acceptable)
- Integrity, tenacity, demonstrated ability to succeed, and the attitude to confidently complete the work to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to rent a vehicle
- Willingness to travel for possibly extended periods of time
- Having any of the following credentials is a plus: E.I.T., CESSWI, CPESC, CPSWQ, 10-hr OSHA Construction or Safety, PWS, CSS, 40-hour HAZWOPER
- Professional development and enrichment
- Exciting work environment
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401K retirement plan
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, geo-civil engineering, construction management and environmental remediation firm. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Entry Level