Corporate and Foundation Associate
Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is at the beginning of a long path toward building a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive (EDI) institution. We are looking for individuals, at all levels of the institution, who are interested in joining us on this journey of intentionality and public accountability. This path broadens our workforce (board, staff, volunteers), expands our artist selection and acquisition practice as well as strengthens our internal and external communication systems, networks and norms.
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a full time Corporate and Foundation Associate to join the development team. Under the direction of the Director of Corporate and Foundation Engagement, the Corporate and Foundation Associate supports the daily operations of the Corporate and Foundation work of the Development department through administrative and fundraising/logistical work.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who is passionate about the arts, horticulture, and GFS’s mission and strategic vision. You have a deep commitment to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion, as this is a key value for GFS and one of our priorities. You are a natural collaborator who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is eager to learn as part of a small but experienced team, supporting and advancing GFS’s efforts to raise funds from foundations and corporations. As the ideal candidate, you have administrative experience – especially working with a development database and grant management systems – and understand the important and essential nature of this work, coupled with the drive to take on additional responsibilities as you grow with the department. You are confident working in a professional yet relatable manner with a variety of stakeholders, including corporate funders, corporate social responsibility teams, Business Members, sponsors and grantors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for effectively supporting all foundation and corporate engagement related activities, including the Business Membership program, sponsorship program, and grants administration.
- Track and record information in GFS’s database to ensure accurate upkeep of supporter contacts, interactions, and relationship management.
- Maintain the organization’s grants calendar, managing deadlines, reports, and research tracking through GrantHub.
- Support the management of grant awards. Monitor compliance with award terms. Maintain and update profiles and keep notes and materials updated for constituents.
- Support grant applications, specifically the tracking and reporting process, completing forms, coordinating support materials, writing, editing grant narratives, and populating applications.
- Assist the Director with internal information and materials gathering from GFS colleagues throughout the organization to develop deadline driven proposals, collate application packets, and prepare and submit reports.
- Serve as an ambassador for Grounds For Sculpture to help foster a culture of inclusion for all members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
- Coordinate updates to shared drives utilized with grant consultants, updating internal files, and assist in managing a shared task list as funding opportunities evolve.
- Process new and renewing Business Memberships, creating and refreshing materials for members and for internal updates.
- Analyze and report on grant and corporate income revenues as needed.
- Liaise with the Accounting team to assure appropriate tracking, recording, and accounting of gifts.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Department on ensuring all department materials and funding announcements are created and timelines are managed appropriately.
- Assist with project management, including managing and researching corporate and foundation funding, sponsorship and grant opportunities
- Perform general office duties, attend meetings; assist with appointments and calendars.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, including excellent interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented, able to multitask.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and prioritize to meet current funding cycles and deadlines, as well as be flexible to work with a variety of evolving new opportunities, funders, and needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with supporters and colleagues.
- Must exhibit strong independent working skills with the ability to engage in collaborative work with minimal direction; but understands when to ask for help or guidance when making critical choices.
- Maintain poise and patience when dealing with the public, as well as with major and high-profile supporters, and the ability to act with diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Must possess the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Minimum of 2 years working within a nonprofit fundraising environment or transferrable/relatable experience.
- Demonstrate respect and inclusiveness to all employees, embracing differences
- Strong database skills (Altru and GrantHub or similar database and grant tracking systems preferred).
- Knowledge of fundraising processes, particularly related to grant writing and management.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Occasional weekends and evenings required.
- Grounds For Sculpture requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Grounds For Sculpture will consider requests for reasonable accommodations.*2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna, 1 dose of J&J
GFS is stronger for the diverse ideas, lived experiences, passions and skill sets of our staff. To that end, we offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Compensation & Benefits:
Annualized Salary: $45,000
Full Time (Exempt)
Benefits: Grounds For Sculpture offers a benefit package including: 403b plan with a discretionary match, medical benefits, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, company paid holidays, company paid life insurance, long term disability and ADD benefits.
Interested in applying? Please apply directly through our website and must include a cover letter that shares why this role appeals to you and why you will excel in this role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. www.groundsforsculpture.org
About Grounds For Sculpture
Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre not-for-profit sculpture park, arboretum, and museum, founded by the late artist and philanthropist Seward Johnson. Featuring nearly 300 contemporary sculptures by renowned and emerging artists in a beckoning landscape, Grounds For Sculpture combines art and beckoning spaces to welcome, surprise and engage all visitors in the artist’s act of invention. In addition to its permanent collection, Grounds For Sculpture offers rotating special exhibitions in its six indoor galleries, rich educational programs, and dynamic family events. Located in Hamilton, New Jersey, Grounds For Sculpture.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Development, Administrative