Demand Planner (Hybrid)
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Demand Planner creates, reviews, publishes, and refines demand forecasts across multiple hierarchies to deliver high-quality and consistently improving demand projections to ensure the right product, at the right place, at the right time. This role supports the demand steps within the S&OP process and collects input from cross-functional partners such as sales, marketing, finance, consumer and customer Insights (CCID), and commercialization to achieve world class forecast accuracy and bias which supports a coordinated service level and inventory strategy with supply planning. The Demand Planner has product line responsibility for less complex Brands within the business unit that s/he supports. The duties include: working with marketing, sales, and logistics to understand the drivers of demand and forecasting implications of activities, working with the Supply and Procurement teams to support case fill and inventory objectives, as well as, to bring visibility to long term forecasts for capacity, raw material and commodity procurement, and playing a support role to develop and execute the strategic direction for objectives in improving forecast accuracy and bias.
- Supports the monthly forecasting process for several product lines within the business unit s/he supports aimed at delivering high-quality and consistently improving demand visibility to ensure the right product, at the right place, at the right time. Manages the forecasting performance review process by monitoring forecast metrics and adjusting statistical models and market intelligence accordingly. Collects market intelligence (customer events, pricing actions, competitive insights) from cross functional participants and leverages judgement to improve forecasts accordingly.
- Creates statistical forecasts for smaller, niche categories that do not fall under the rigorous S&OP process and supports the Demand Step of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process by delivering monthly consensus forecasts within the business unit s/he supports, as well as, supports the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP). Develops and ensures compliance with common templates for key stakeholders within S&OP process.
- Coordinates the inter-functional resolution of day to day challenges related to demand and supply discrepancies and plays a role in ensuring that there is effective "lessons learned" documentation. Ensures that significant unexpected out of stock situations are reviewed and resolved with participation from key functional areas. Ensures that action plans on key day to day exceptions situations are communicated to appropriate stakeholders.
- Supports process improvement projects in partnership with the Center of Excellence to improve forecast accuracy and bias results. Maintains and enhances process documentation.
- Develops forecasts for new items with key cross-functional inputs and collaborates with Supply Planners to develop and execute strategies for new items and items to be transitioned or discontinued.
- Extracts data and reports from various sources to support team needs, including the monthly S&OP cycle and performs data analysis to support brand/channel forecasting needs.
- Maintains superior data quality by ensuring that the data sources (Sales, IT, and Financial systems) are under control and in a continuous improvement stage. Ensures that planning software interfaces and parameters maintenance have been documented and reasonable processes developed. Administers appropriate product, customer, and location hierarchy as well as other forecasting model parameters.
- Develops item, location, weekly forecasts for a 24 month rolling horizon for a subset of categories using historical trends, customer intelligence, and other demand drivers which provides a signal for the broader organization.
- Addresses planning/forecasting related issues that the manufacturing plants or stakeholders bring to the table, evaluating the problems, and finding the best course of action.
- Minimizes inconsistencies in information as this position works between and within numerous platforms to obtain all required information to manage the business, e.g., SAP, Terra Technology, WMS, and various reporting tools.
- Supports the organization to Best-in-Class S&OP standards that are benchmarkable against world class companies.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Business/Supply Chain discipline or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years in supply chain planning or comparable analytical role required.
- Consumer products industry experience preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel. MS Access skills or aptitude to quickly learn is important.
- Manugistics Demand Planning, SAP, or other Supply Chain planning software experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities preferred:
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Normal office environment with expected travel less than 10%.
Compensation and Benefits:
The base salary range for this full-time, salaried position is between $61,800.00 - $108,200.00.
An individual’s base pay depends on a number of factors, such as experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Total pay may include other forms of compensation, such as a performance-based bonus and other short- and long-term incentives. In addition, we offer competitive health, dental, 401(k), and wellness benefits beginning on one’s first day of employment. Please ask your Talent Acquisition Partner for more information about our total rewards package.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General