Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Diversity Consultant handles the daily operations of the Cultural Competence Training Center, include supporting with the development and execution of workshops to support technical assistance and diversity training.
- Responsibilities of the Diversity Consultant includes telephone calls, emails, regular communications with customers and staff, as well as communication with external agencies engaged in Training Center services.
- The Diversity Consultant is responsible for managing the Continuing Education program including but not limited to: Maintain approved provider status by ensuring compliance with regulations from governing boards.
- Coordinates approval for all internal and external continuing education courses.
- The candidate should prioritize teamwork, contributions to successful program and team outcomes, health and wellness, consistently utilizing and advancing their skill sets and knowledge, and commitment to improved cultural competency for the organization and its clients.
- The Diversity Consultant should strongly value healthy cross-cultural communication, organization skills and timeliness, and should act as a leader in their respective fields and expertise.
- The candidate must also be willing to be cross-trained and step in to fill in any gaps to support the goals of the agency.
- The position includes other tasks and/or responsibilities falling within the scope of cultural diversity/inclusion.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree, or higher with 1 year of administrative experience, or 3-5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information about and be a spokesperson for the agency, to agency leadership, public groups, and or board of directors.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, agencies and members of the community.
- Knowledge of Cultural Competence/Inclusion, the nature of the work environment and ability to understand the work of the agency. Knowledge of best practices with regard to training, quality improvement and staff development.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
About Employment at Center For Family Services Apply and get hired at Center For Family Services, a leader in the non-profit sector and named as a top workplace in the region since 2010. As part of our team, you will be recognized as our most valuable resource. Our staff balance best practices with personalized care. Together our team makes a positive difference in the lives of people in need. If you're interested in a rewarding career, Center For Family Services is a great place to grow as a professional. For more information about our top workplace, please visit Center For Family Services website at www.centerffs.org. To apply: https://www.centerffs.org/careers
Disclaimer All positions require pre-employment drug screening and criminal record checks. Many positions require motor vehicle record evaluations and medical clearances. Center For Family Services is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General