Early Intervention Child Development Speciaist
St. John of God Community Services is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization in Westville, Southern New Jersey with a mission to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities and to create a hospitable space where people may experience dignity and respect. Currently, the agency has an ongoing need to staff multiple people who possess credentials in any of the following occupations: Special Education (preschool experience), Registered Nurses, or MSWs. This staff member would provide developmental intervention for clients in our Damien O'Shea Early Intervention program. Part-time, full-time, and per diem positions available.
Applicants should have extensive knowledge of child development across various domains including adaptive/self-care skills, personal-social skills, communication skills, fine and gross motor skills, and cognitive-early learning skills for child from birth to three years old.
Individuals providing these services are responsible for providing support and learning opportunities through a family training/coaching model within the child/family's natural environment (in-person or via telehealth) for children with developmental delays and disabilities.
We serve families in Gloucester and Cumberland Counties.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas:
-Special Educator – Education required. Special Education preferred.
-Registered Nurse – Nursing
-MSW – Social Work or Equivalent (i.e. M.S.S.)
-Child Development Specialist – Bachelor’s degree or higher from an
accredited institution in related health, health service, or education field.
- At least 1 year documented professional experience working with children from birth to five years of age who have developmental
- delays or disabilities; or at least 6 credits in infant and toddler or early childhood development.
- Must be able to provide services both in-person (child's home, daycare or center based) and via telehealth.
- Ability to pass criminal history review in accordance with New Jersey regulations.
- Must possess reliable transportation with valid driver's license with appropriate automotive insurance.
- Ability to lift and position small children
- Must be able to access a variety of home and community environments as required.
- Infant CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of birth to age three child development.
- Work flexible hours.
- Experience working in a natural environment preferred.
If interested, please apply on our Job Portal: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=1787408a-5788-49b3-bc62-910b410aa6d1&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Walking in the footsteps of our founder, Saint John of God, we provide compassionate hospitality to all.
St. John of God Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruit, employ, and promote personnel without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, or mental or physical challenges in compliance with all federal and state legislation and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination.
The employees of St. John of God Community Services are expected to teach or work alongside other employees and are expected to supervise or be supervised by other employees without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, and mental or physical challenges.
Job Type : Part-time, Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Customer Service