- Abilities Solutions
- The ARC of Atlantic County
- The ARC of Camden County
- The ARC of Cape May County
- The ARC of Gloucester County
- Archway Programs
- Avenues to Independent Living
- Brookfield Schools
- Center for Family Services
- Community Options, Inc.
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
- Goodwill Industries of Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia
- Interfaith Caregivers
- Kingsway Learning Center
- Larc School
- Legacy Treatment Services
- Y.A.L.E. School
St. John of God Community Services (Westville, New Jersey) and its Adult Vocational Services' Ticket to Work Program is in need of a full-time Employment Specialist.
- Associates degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Human Services or related field.
- Experienced in Social Security's Ticket to Work Program
- Certified Work Incentive Counselor preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate an understanding of the needs of the business community and have an
understanding of job performance assessment.
- Valid drivers’ license with a clean driving record.
- Bilingual preferred
Summary Job Description:
- will ensure program provides effective supported employment to assist individuals in obtaining and maintaining competitive employment that results in self- sufficiency and increased independence.
- Establish and maintain quality employer partnerships that result in the employment of participants.
- Ensure the delivery of outstanding and highly responsive internal and external customer service with a high degree of flexibility and creativity.
- Complete Pre-Vocational evaluations and complete necessary documentation.
- Creates an environment that results in excellence, innovation and positive morale.
- Maintains state, federal, county monitoring and agency regulations and guidelines.
- Builds community among staff, families and business partners.
- Maintains confidentiality of departmental records, persons and activities.
- Adheres to agency and department policies and procedures. Maintains information in a confidential and need-to-know manner regarding persons served, families, co-workers and volunteers.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the agency in promoting positive relationships with persons served, families, staff, volunteers and community partners.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates. Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and the ability to prioritize workload (position, at times, may be in the field 75% of the time)
- Treats attendance and punctuality as essential components of the job
- Performs position’s duties and responsibilities within the vision, mission and values of the agency
- Communicates on a timely basis with the Vocational Rehabilitation Supervisor and Director
- Work schedule may require evenings, weekends and/or holidays to accommodate schedules of participants, employers or other service activities.
- Follows the Agency Work from Home Policy when necessary and as follows:
- Works the full typical schedule
- Attends all meetings in a virtual capacity
- Achieves the same level of production as in the office
- Maintains equivalent availability for colleague and client communication, supervisor questions, etc.
- Be available online and by phone for the duration of their usual workday, minus breaks and rest periods
- Respond promptly to communication via messaging app, email, and phone
- Take all required break and rest periods, as if they were in the office
- Communicate consistently regarding their workload and status (break, lunch, working on a project, etc.). Completes projects within required timelines and keeps Supervisor up to date on completion.
- Follow all Agency procedures and policies (including those that relate to Remote Services)
- Refrain from using alcohol or illegal drugs
- Develops employment opportunities for consumers. Assists consumers with the transition to community based employment.
- Assists in the preparation of resumes, completion of job applications, developing interview skills and appropriate workplace behavior.
- Understands and manages job task analysis and accessing transportation options
- Contacts employers to develop and identify job opportunities. Works with consumer, families, referring agencies to assess needs and develop appropriate job matches.
- Provides job- coaching services. Acts as a liaison among employers, consumers and families.
- Reviews referral profiles and maintains appropriate paperwork including case record documentation, billing, reports, anecdotal and other confidential information.
- Monitors consumer areas for safety and ease of access
- Observes agency and departmental procedures concerning infection control, safety, emergencies and professional conduct are met and maintained
- Transports consumers during job development process and/or coaching assignments
- Provides follow-up with employers and consumers in order to provide feedback to employers, persons served, referring agencies and staff.
- Responds appropriately to interruptions, emergencies and various safety and evacuation drills.
- Develops professional competencies; keeps abreast of related literature, enhances technical skills and knowledge.
- Participates in department and regional meetings, information sharing and in-service trainings. Offers ideas for improved services and operations.
- Promotes teamwork. Plans and implements cross-training/cross utilization for various department functions.
- Works flexible hours as needed, including evenings and weekends based on consumer needs.
- Ensures CARF, DOL, Ticket to Work and DVRS standards including but not limited to WIOA, are met and maintained for program planning, accreditation and audits. Ensures record keeping and intake procedures meet state, federal, county and agency guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The demands described herein below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Proficiency Ratings Legend: O= Occasionally – May be called upon to perform from time-to-time
R=Regularly – Commonly called upon to perform
F=Frequently – Repeatedly called upon to perform; cannot perform job without this.
- Lifting unassisted: Up to 25 pounds, from the floor level to waist level. (R)
- Lifting assisted: Up to 50 pounds, from any level. (R)
- standing/Walking: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position or moving about a work area. (F)
- Sitting: Remaining in a normal, seated position. (O)
- Bending/Stooping: Continual, intermittent flexing of the spine; bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. (R)
- Crouching/Kneeling: Bending legs at knees; coming to rest on knee(s). (R)
- Pushing/Pulling: Exerting force upon an object so that the object moves away from or toward the force. (R)
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. (R)
- Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps, and the like, using feet and legs, and hands and arms. (O)
- Repetitive finger/hand movements: Usage or other special equipment operated. (F)
- Precise finger/hand movements: Seizing, grasping, turning or otherwise performing precision work with hand or hands. (F)
- Close vision: Clear vision at 20 in. or less. (O)
- Distance vision: Clear vision at 20 feet or more. (R)
- Peripheral vision: To observe an area that can be seen up/down or to the left/right, while the eyes are fixed on a given point. (F)
- Depth perception: The ability to judge distances and spatial relationships. (F)
- Focus adjustment/ability: To adjust eyes to bring an object into sharp focus. (F)
- Distinguish foreground/background sounds. (O)
- Hear/process for conversational speech. (F)
- Effective articulation. (F)
- Voice projection. (O)
- Shift from technical to social language. (F)
- Read and write at a High School level. (F)
Walking in the footsteps of our founder, Saint John of God, we provide compassionate hospitality to all.
St. John of God Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruit, employ, and promote personnel without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, or mental or physical challenges in compliance with all federal and state legislation and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination.
The employees of St. John of God Community Services are expected to teach or work alongside other employees and are expected to supervise or be supervised by other employees without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, economic status, and mental or physical challenges.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : Customer Service, Administrative