- Abilities Solutions
- The ARC of Atlantic County
- The ARC of Camden County
- The ARC of Cape May County
- The ARC of Gloucester County
- Archway Programs
- Avenues to Independent Living
- Brookfield Schools
- Center for Family Services
- Community Options, Inc.
- Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
- Goodwill Industries of Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia
- Interfaith Caregivers
- Kingsway Learning Center
- Larc School
- Legacy Treatment Services
- Y.A.L.E. School
Experienced Staff Accountant
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact on your clients and the community? Make a difference in the world and enjoy a culture of kindness? Kreischer Miller is committed to your personal and professional growth!
About the Kreischer Miller
Kreischer Miller continues to prosper and grow! With approximately 200 team members located in Horsham, PA, we are currently seeking to add an Experienced Staff to our outstanding team in our Entrepreneurial Services Group.
Kreischer Miller is one of the largest accounting, tax, and advisory firms in the Greater Philadelphia area. The firm’s original vision remains a hallmark 40 years later—blending the high-level skills offered by international firms with a highly personalized level of service.
Building the best team in the marketplace and rendering world-class service to our clients are cornerstones of our success. We know our clients have many choices in service providers, and we work hard every day to justify their choice of Kreischer Miller.
Why choose Kreischer Miller? Voted a "Top Workplace" for the fourth time by Philly.com and a "Firm to Watch" for 2021 by Accounting Today magazine, we will help you utilize your accounting knowledge and continue to improve your professional skills. We offer training in technical skills, soft skills, advisory skills, and numerous client industries as well as on-going mentoring and coaching. Your performance will be evaluated based on the quality of your work, the application of your accounting knowledge, and the ability to provide excellent client service. We offer a flexible and supportive culture to ensure that you can make a difference and enjoy a strong work/life balance.
About the Function
Staff Accountants are given a wide variety of diversified accounting functions, tax assignments, and business advisory projects under the direction of talented CPAs. At Kreischer Miller, you will have the opportunity to work directly with business owners and their management team in a variety of industries and learn from leaders in our firm.
- Learn and apply the basics of the daily technology used in our firm.
- Plan, organize and work on engagements in their entirety, from the financial statements through the tax returns.
- Staff will perform work assigned with assistance, as needed.
- Collaborate with other team members on best practices and shared experiences.
- Make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and tax matters.
- Support Seniors, Managers and Directors on our Entrepreneurial Services Team.
- Complete work programs for reviews and compilation engagements
- Complete inquires and analytical procedures with client
- Review permanent file documents including debt, leasing, retirement plan and other related documents
- Prepare consolidated and standalone financial statements
- Draft footnote disclosures under supervision of senior, manager and/or director
- Perform high level review of financial closing process on a periodic basis
- Updates to fixed assets using ProSystem Fixed Assets software and run related reports
- Complete tax related workpapers
- Prepare accrual to cash conversions
- Prepare various types of single and multi-state tax returns including:
- Gift, Estate and Trust
- Preparation of extensions and estimated tax payments
- Preparation of income tax accruals for C-Corporations
- Review tax notices and coordinate response with manager and/or director
- Prepare tax planning workpapers, including BNA projections for owners
- Respond to client inquiries of tax related matters
Other Expanded Activities and Responsibilities
- Prepare initial financial analysis workpapers for advisory related projects, including valuations, acquisitions, or other related activities
- BS in Accounting. CPA license or parts preferred.
- 1-2 years of recent public accounting experience
- Strong tax background preferred.
- Strong commitment to excellence, client service and professional growth
- The ability to work collaboratively and proactively, identifying issues as well as offering potential solutions
- The ability to manage multiple projects and clients
- Possess a positive attitude, good communication skills and willingness to learn
- Be a team player and motivated to work in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software programs
Kreischer Miller is an equal opportunity employer offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, life and AD&D insurance, long-term disability insurance, dependent care assistance plan, 401(k) plan, holidays, and generous time off for vacation and illness. To learn more about our firm, visit www.kmco.com.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance