Facility Worker- Maintenance
Full Job Description
Ranch Hope is currently hiring a Maintenance Worker to provide basic maintenance support and custodial assistance for our Camp and Youth Shelter. Our Shelter is located in Williamstown and the Camp is in Alloway. Ranch Hope has been transforming the lives of youth and children from thoroughout the state of New Jersey since 1964 with Christ centered love and compassion. As a member of our maintenance team you will be helping Ranch Hope in meeting two of our core values of Safety and Quality in the delivery of services to the youth we serve,
As a full time employee you will report to the Maintnenace Director who works at our main campus in Alloway and must be able to manage your work independently. Ranch Hope will provide you with full benefits and paid time off.
Please review the specific job responsibilities below and apply by submitting your resume through in Indeed.
Support the Core Values of Ranch Hope by upholding all standards relating to safety, quality, partnership, integrity, safety, empowerment, stewardship and compassion. Provide excellent internal service to the staff of Ranch Hope by assisting with all facets of campus maintenance.
- Knowledge of painting, landscaping, cleaning, construction and general plumbing procedures
· Ability to work well with vendors and co-workers
· Ability to multitask
· Ability to work well independently
· Ability to clearly and professionally express ideas verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion relating to all departmental issues
- Ability to operate all machines and equipment required to perform job duties
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Possesses the technical skills required to complete all maintenance responsibilities.
- Completes projects that are of high quality.
- Custodial responsibilities to include vacuuming, mopping, emptying trash, dusting and trash removal.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding and competence of the specific maintenance tasks assigned such as painting, landscaping, cleaning, construction, repairs, etc.
- Work collaboratively with outside vendors when internal resources are not sufficient to complete a task properly.
- Thoroughly completes work in a timely manner.
- Organizes and plans assignments well.
- Maintains adequate supplies required for projects.
- Selects appropriate tools and equipment for completion of job.
- Is a good steward with time by limiting breaks and lengthy personal conversations.
- Creates minimal disruption to workflow of others while carrying out job responsibilities.
- Follows proper safety precautions for self and others.
- Reports unsafe or unhygienic facilities/grounds in a timely manner.
- Works well independently and seeks out additional work when responsibilities have been completed.
- Readily accepts changes and additional responsibilities.
- Cooperates with others to achieve common objectives.
- Interacts with others with tact and courtesy.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Understands the role Maintenance plays in upholding life and safety licensing standards for the camp and shelter grounds.
- Adheres to all Ranch Hope Policies and Procedures.
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards.
- Behaves in a manner that is consistent with the core values of the ministry.
- Cares for and properly maintains equipment.
- Uses equipment effectively.
- Uses appropriate safety equipment when necessary.
- Takes precautionary measures by safeguarding equipment from residents.
Education & Professional Experience:
· High School diploma or GED required
· Two years maintenance experience required, or equivalent skill level
· Experience in an institutional setting preferred but not required.
- NJ Driver License
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read materials and correspondence
- Dexterity of the hands and fingers to operate business equipment
- Frequent kneeling and bending for short periods of time
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Frequent walking, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, bending over at the waist, grasping, reaching overhead, pulling and pushing as required by the job
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Custodial: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
High school or equivalent (Required)
Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
Landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
Custodial: 1 year (Preferred)