Reports to: Family Services Associate/Operations
Schedule: Varying 4 hour shifts available
Salary: $20 an hour
Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey
Job Summary: The Kitchen Aide is responsible to maintain a clean and orderly environment in the volunteer kitchen, family kitchen and dining room by using established COVID-19 safety & health guidelines. The Kitchen Aide must provide a superior customer service experience for each guest & their families. In this visible role, it is important that the Kitchen Aide maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
Shifts 7 days a week
1st Shift: 7:30AM to 11:30AM
2nd Shift: 4PM-8PM
The ability to work days, nights, weekends and/or holidays is required.
You must be COVID vaccinated to hired in this role as required by Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey.
Reasons to Join Our Team:
Families First: Everything begins with our families, so we are committed to treating guests with the utmost respect by being kind and courteous. We are the faces of our charity and we make certain to bring smiles to all we greet!
We Give Our Best: We value professional positive attitudes and believe in the true meaning of community spirit!
We are Unique and Compassionate: We act in a caring respectful way towards all guests, co-workers and volunteers regardless of individual differences. We celebrate the diversity of our people and programs..
Collaboration: We support each other in the common goal of our mission. Teamwork is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best experience for our guests.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Maintain overall organization of kitchens, equipment and supplies
- Provide orientation and training to volunteer groups
- Enforcing RMHSNJ Policies surrounding health and safety
- Maintain Marketplace by tracking expiration dates and restocking items as needed
- Provide tours as requested
- Assist with clean up after meals and making extra trays to be stored in Family Kitchen
- Wrap & label excess food to be served for lunch/next day
- Plan breakfast/restock items for next shift
- Must be 18 years or older
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Clean background check
Competencies and Ability:
- Experience working as a team member
- Friendly demeanor
- Ability to communicate well and work efficiently with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Must possess qualities of friendliness, dependability, and flexibility
- Ability to understand and practice confidentiality
- Compassionate and caring with the ability to exhibit patience, attentiveness and sensitivity to others needs
- Maintain the Code of Ethics and maintain strong professional boundaries
- Flexible Schedule and available for additional coverage on an as needed basis