Line Cook/Prep Cook
The Claridge Hotel is looking for skilled cooks to join the culinary team. Great opportunity for advancement and learn bar, restaurant and banquet prep.
The Claridge Hotel is an historic marvel on the AC Skyline rich in history and elegance. A full service hotel with 480 guest rooms and suites, 100,000 feet of
meeting space, home of the Twenties Italian Bistro and VUE Rooftop Bar and Lounge.
As a team member of the Claridge, you will learn or improve your skills to advance your career in the food and beverage industry in the only full service boutique style hotel Atlantic City has to offer.
We have flexible work hours offering, part time, full time, and seasonal opportunities. We offer benefits to full time team members after 90-days and contribute to the medical health care cost for our team member. We also offer competitive rates for dental and vision coverages. Full time members will also accrue vacation days and personal days. All employees accrue sick pay and
are eligible for paid holidays after 90-days. Competitive pay. Employee discounts on food and beverage and hotel stays at other locations. Great opportunities for growth and advancement offered. Other incentive programs.
In the position of line cook/prep cooks you are required to perform various food and beverage related tasks including:
* Cooking or preparing food items according to procedures or recipes.
* Placing food items on serving plates or dishes along with required condiments and utensils to present to customers.
*Preparing items quickly and accurately ensuring no waste and in accordance with production and portion requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
* Maintaining and cleaning all Food Service areas according to all county, state, and federal health codes and sanitation procedures including preparation tables, equipment, floors, supply areas, refrigerators, and coolers
* Washing all dirty dishes and equipment.
* Ensuring that cooking grease is rotated properly.
* Maintaining all necessary food reporting and labeling to ensure product quality.
* At the beginning of the day, responsible for getting food preparation areas stocked and set-up.
* At the end of the day, responsible for cleaning up food preparation areas and properly storing unused food items.
* Keeping supervisor/manager informed of all supply, food, and product inventory when necessary.
* Keeping supervisor/manager informed of situations relating to facility operation, patron complaints or concerns, accidents, emergency situations, damages, and potential safety hazards.
* Attend departmental and team meetings as well as participate in all additional training courses.
* Perform all duties in a safe manner.
* Employees may be asked to move to different locations or job assignments within the property, as needed.
*Other duties may be assigned.
Apply today for consideration.
Job Type : Part-time, Seasonal
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General