Physician- Hospice and Palliative Care
Position Summary: Samaritan physicians provide expert medical care to hospice and palliative care patients in a variety of settings.
- Provide medical care to patients in Samaritan inpatient units, communicating with patients and families and collaborating closely with staff.
- Provide medical consultation to all hospice personnel to ensure quality patient care.
- Provide Palliative Medicine consultation to patients and families.
- Attend interdisciplinary team meetings on a regular basis, as assigned, providing comprehensive medical consultation to guide patient care.
- Provide appropriate communication and coordination with the patient's primary care physician and specialists
- Actively participates in teaching of Fellows, Residents and Medical Students.
- Complete documentation in EMR and sign all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain open communication with office staff related to scheduling and other patient care needs.
- Support and participate in performance improvement and quality assurance initiatives.
- Understand and comply with regulations and standards particular to state, federal entities as well as payer rules/regulations.
- Review and provide input on clinical policies and
- Participate in on call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Provide in-service training to appropriate personnel and other healthcare professionals in community as needed.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, literature review, in-services and workshops.
- Attend staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Accept and perform other related duties and responsibilities as
Education or Degree Required: M.D. or D.O.
License/Certification Required: Current license to practice medicine in the state of New Jersey. Board certification in hospice and palliative care or eligibility for certification
Related Experience and Training Required: At least four years of post-graduate experience
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Expertise in provision of medical care.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with the principles of quality management and ethical issues in patient care.
Ability to use EMR for patient documentation.
Join Our Team
Samaritan is a not-for-profit healthcare provider of life-enhancing care that includes primary care at home, palliative medicine, hospice care, and grief support. We are proud to be here for people, not for profit.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, generous paid time off, and industry-leading benefits. Be a part of our great team! Apply today!
- Highly competitive salary.
- Generous paid time off.
- Excellent benefits package, supplemented with concierge services, including but not limited to vision, dental, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, travel reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, multiple discount programs.
- Opportunity to work from home.
- Career opportunities, promotional opportunities and work schedule flexibility.
- 403 (b) and employer match.
- Annual employee milestone awards ceremony and recognition activities including peer recognition, and annual department celebrations.
- Samaritan is committed to inclusion, diversity, & access through board and staff committees and according to our employee surveys, employees are highly engaged, rate our management team as highly effective, and embrace our welcoming culture as demonstrated by the number of tenured employees.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Performance reviews, merit raises, and bonus opportunities.
- Conveniently-located administrative office with amenities such as an updated kitchen, think tank for brainstorming, quiet meditation room, private mother's room, and more.
- Opportunity to work for South Jersey’s first and largest hospice organization.
Providing Superior Care
Samaritan has been recognized by Strategic Healthcare Programs (SHP) as a “Superior Performer” for achieving an overall caregiver and family satisfaction score that ranked in the top 20% of all eligible SHP clients for the 2019 calendar year.
The annual SHPBest™ award program was created to acknowledge hospice providers that consistently provide high quality service to families and caregivers of patients receiving hospice care.
Our compassionate healthcare experts provide many options for people living with chronic or serious illness:
- primary care,
- supportive palliative medical care,
- hospice care,
- grief support,
- and two inpatient hospice centers.
Samaritan helps patients and their families live their best life every day and has been proudly serving the South Jersey community since 1980.
For more information, please email Daura Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Full-Time
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level