Program Associate II
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides nutrition education for the SNAP-Ed program in Burlington County and throughout Region 2 (Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, and Mercer Counties). The goal of the education provided is to help program participants improve their food security; dietary quality; physical activity; and food safety behaviors.
- Recruits and works with agencies willing to host SNAP-Ed program(s).
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal outreach and budget guidelines regarding all activities that occur within the project.
- Responsible for various reports designed to document the project’s success.
- Serves on appropriate boards and councils in the community to maintain a strong presence for the program.
- Serves as a role model for his/her volunteers and always maintains a professional demeanor and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, health education, public health, food policy, family and consumer sciences, or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver’s license would be required for this position.
- Two years post-baccalaureate experience.RDN or CHES.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (read, write, speak)
- Experience implementing community health promotion and behavior change programs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, and have experience working with diverse groups/clientele.
- Experience working with limited resource, urban populations preferred.
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Comfortable utilizing appliances and kitchen supplies for cooking and food preparation with hands on nutrition education lessons.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to carry program materials and supplies, including audio-visual equipment.
- Ability to arrange set-up of class space (move tables and chairs).
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends.
- Ability to travel statewide
Click here for more information and to apply: Rutgers University Employment Opportunities | Program Associate II
Job Type : Full-Time