Who are we looking for? YOU. We want team members that operate with integrity, are reliable, enjoy doing a good job and get excited about impacting the lives of others.
Who are we? We are Elwyn. We are the leader in education, treatment, and support services to children and adults with autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and related behavioral health challenges.
What do we offer? We offer excellent health/wellness benefits, generous time-off, paid training, retirement benefits, career growth and a safe work environment (PPE).
Apply Online at www.elwyn.org/careers
The Instructor provides direct support to people with physical, mental, and intellectual disabilities within day and work programs, ensuring the health and wellbeing of the individuals in which they serve as well as promoting personal independence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and is accountable of all individuals assigned to his/her group/program area
- Follows established procedures for taking attendance; accounts for the whereabouts of assigned individuals throughout the program day
- Ensures all individuals in his/her group are actively engaged in an appropriate program activity consistent with the program design and mission
- Ensures that all skill development plans are implemented for the individuals assigned to his/her group and the documentation of such is accurate and up-to date
- Submits written reports relevant to the individual's programming status
- Promotes a positive learning environment
- Assists in the development of training programs
- Completes Program Assessments as needed
- Ensures that individual Record Books are in order and up-to-date (i.e., updated and purged as needed) and in accordance with Community Care Waiver Guidelines and other appropriate regulations
- Submits/completes production reports as needed for individuals assigned to group
- Completes related work as assigned in a timely fashion
- Attends in-service training sessions as needed and required by regulations and standards
- Participates in new program initiatives that support mission and purpose, providing that new initiatives do not increase instructor's job duties and remaining operations stay in ratio compliance
- Responds accordingly to emergency situations
- Attends Individual Service Plans (ISP) meetings, team meetings and staff meetings as scheduled or requested by the supervisor/designee
- Adheres to all current policies and procedures of the facility.
- Implements and documents any Behavior Management Plans as developed by the team
- Plans trips, special events, activities, etc., and participates in such trips, special events, activities, etc.
- Serves as an appropriate role model for individuals as well as other employees
- Completes Quality Assurance assignments as assigned
- Ensures that individual rights are protected and reports any violations of individual rights immediately to the Program Supervisor or Department Director
- Ensures that individuals have all prescribed adaptive devices available to them (i.e., glasses, hearing aids, etc.) and maintain as needed
- Assists in all activities of daily living as needed for the individuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years old
- Experience in a related field or with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
- Must successfully complete and obtain/maintain all certifications as required by Elwyn New Jersey or regulatory agencies
- Non-profit human service experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple, often competing, priorities
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to perform CPR and safe care using agency-trained protocols
- Demonstrated basic experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
- Experience using/knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) / Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
Elwyn New Jersey reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Elwyn does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, pregnancy status, medical condition, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation or identity, age, national origin, citizenship, handicap status, marital or family status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, military or veteran status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General