Division of Enrollment Management
Thomas Edison State University was founded in 1972 to break down barriers to degree completion. Fifty years later, it proudly serves a diverse body of adult students with innovative and professionally relevant academic programming in a predominantly online delivery. Our team of high-energy student-focused professionals is welcoming new members who are making their mark in education and are ready to help change the lives of thousands of adult students across New Jersey and around the world.
Candidates who are excited by changing lives, committed to the success of all and want to be challenged by new and innovative opportunities, should submit an application.
The Recruiting Manager works as part of the recruitment team in the Enrollment Management division of Thomas Edison State University. This person is part of an energetic and innovative team of university recruiting professionals that recruit individual adult Undergraduate and Graduate students from various sources including; Community Colleges, Four-year Colleges and Universities, Government Organizations, Corporations, non-profit organizations and on an individual level. The Recruiting Manager develops and implements face to face recruiting outreach and virtual outreach opportunities to recruit students to the University’s over 100 Undergraduate and Graduate academic programs. The Recruiting Manager is a critical part of the University team and cultivates and maintains strong professional relationships with personnel in all areas of the University.
The Recruiting Manager is part of a team responsible for developing and implementing recruiting practices and procedures that enhance the prospect, applicant and student admissions and enrollment experience and grow enrollments. The Recruiting Manager will collaborate broadly with units from across campus and work extensively with the Enrollment Management’s admissions and marketing teams.
The recruiter is expected to;
• Understand that the University has enrollment goals and that they and the Enrollment Management team are critical components of achieving the University goals.
• Work collaboratively with the Enrollment Management team
• Provide innovative ideas to recruit students face to face and in a virtual environment
• Provide exceptional customer service to all students and guests and providing timely follow up with prospective students
• Respond to prospective students and answer questions via phone, e-mail, and mail in a timely manner
• Work with the Enrollment Management team in analyzing application and enrollment trends in order to develop innovative recruitment strategies; assessing the effectiveness and adjusting strategies as necessary
• Attend recruitment events and make presentations to prospective and admitted students at various organizations and events. These events include some evening and weekend activities.
• Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of current admissions standards and degree requirements
• Manage relationships with organizations that have historically provided new students to the University
• Work with the Office of Communications to leverage social media to connect and communicate with prospective students.
• Understanding FAFSA deadlines, process, procedures, and changes in order to accurately assist students
Education: A Bachelor degree is required. Experience in Undergraduate or Graduate recruiting can be substituted for educational qualifications as determined by the appointing authority.
Experience: A minimum of two years’ experience in higher education admissions, advising and/or transfer services and/or recruiting or equivalent experience as determined by the appointing authority.
Communication: Excellent communication skills and the ability to operate independently and to develop and implement innovative recruiting plans and programs at the Undergraduate and/or Graduate levels.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, the candidate is required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. If a candidate is unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 for medical or religious reasons, he/she will be required to submit a waiver request.
Thomas Edison State University is seeking an innovative professional with a history of success in recruiting, public relations, sales, marketing, or related fields.
The ideal candidate will have extensive recruiting experience in higher education and/or student transfer operations.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly obtain an understanding of Thomas Edison State University undergraduate and graduate degree programs, organizational structures, academic and administrative policies and procedures.
Examples of Work:
• Grow enrollments in Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs
• Recruit Undergraduate and/or Graduate students at face to face and virtual events, sometimes during nights and weekends.
• Collaborate with the University Admissions office to enhance the admissions process for Undergraduate and Graduate prospects, applicants and students.
• Collaborate with University Marketing to develop and implement innovative traditional and digital marketing, targeting Undergraduate and Graduate prospects, applicants and students.
• Host webinars to engage with Undergraduate and Graduate prospects.
• Host individual appointments with prospective and returning Undergraduate and Graduate students
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to recruit students to the University
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to develop and implement innovative recruitment ideas
• Experience/Skill In: developing and conducting compelling face to face and virtual recruiting events
• Presenting information clearly and concisely
• Planning, organizing, and implementing workshops, programs, and conferences
• Experience speaking publicly to small and large groups.
• Ability to: operate independently, exercising independent judgment and discretion and with little or no guidance
Valid driver's license
Daily travel required year round. Position will require use of personal car, with mileage and tolls reimbursed according to federal guidelines. Home office. Evening and weekends as needed.
Ability to lift and move 40 pounds.
How to Apply:
Resumes and applications for this position will only be accepted online through ADP Workforce Now at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=TESU&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Thomas Edison State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""