RN - After Hours Hospice
Join Our Team
Samaritan is a not-for-profit healthcare provider of life-enhancing care that includes primary care at home, palliative medicine, hospice care, and grief support. We are proud to be here for people, not for profit.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, generous paid time off, and industry-leading benefits. Be a part of our great team! Apply today!
- Highly competitive salary.
- Generous paid time off.
- Excellent benefits package, supplemented with concierge services, including but not limited to vision, dental, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, travel reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, multiple discount programs.
- Opportunity to work from home.
- Career opportunities, promotional opportunities and work schedule flexibility.
- 403 (b) and employer match.
- Annual employee milestone awards ceremony and recognition activities including peer recognition, and annual department celebrations.
- Samaritan is committed to inclusion, diversity, & access through board and staff committees and according to our employee surveys, employees are highly engaged, rate our management team as highly effective, and embrace our welcoming culture as demonstrated by the number of tenured employees.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Performance reviews, merit raises, and bonus opportunities.
- Conveniently-located administrative office with amenities such as an updated kitchen, think tank for brainstorming, quiet meditation room, private mother's room, and more.
- Opportunity to work for South Jersey’s first and largest hospice organization.
Providing Superior Care
Samaritan has been recognized by Strategic Healthcare Programs (SHP) as a “Superior Performer” for achieving an overall caregiver and family satisfaction score that ranked in the top 20% of all eligible SHP clients for the 2019 calendar year.
The annual SHPBest™ award program was created to acknowledge hospice providers that consistently provide high quality service to families and caregivers of patients receiving hospice care.
Our compassionate healthcare experts provide many options for people living with chronic or serious illness:
- primary care,
- supportive palliative medical care,
- hospice care,
- grief support,
- and two inpatient hospice centers.
Samaritan helps patients and their families live their best life every day and has been proudly serving the South Jersey community since 1980.
Job Responsibilities includes for a visiting on call nurse----7 days on 7 days off---holiday obligation
- Makes home visits as directed by Primary On Call RN
- Performs patient assessments for comfort and palliative care
- Evaluate new patient referrals for hospice appropriateness
- Performs skilled nursing care as needed
- Performs effectively in emergency situations
- Obtains appropriate physician orders to achieve symptom management
- Facilitates medication administration and evaluates efficacy
- Manages medications according to standards
- Assesses patient and family educational needs and provides appropriate education
- Provides or facilitates the provision of emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care in accordance with protocols, policies, procedures and physician orders
- Reviews patient information in EMR and documents in a concise and timely manner per standards
- Provides updates and communication with interdisciplinary team, i.e. physician, team members (RN, SW, HHA and after hours primary nurse)
- Follows OSHA and agency regulations in the use of standard precautions, the management of controlled substances and biologicals
Related Experience and Training Required:
- N. required; BSN Degree preferred
- NJ RN license required, CHPN or OCN preferred, BLS training
- Minimum of one year nursing experience - medical/surgical, oncology, geriatric or related experience, hospice/home care experience preferred.
For more information, please email Daura Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree