Senior Brand Manager
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for leading development of strategies, including the annual plan, for the brand portfolio, through the identification of business drivers and insights (5C model – context, category, consumer, channel, company) which translate into strategic planks supported by key brand strategies to deliver against business objectives. The Senior Brand Manager will also support the Director in developing the vision and strategic long-range planning for the total Snacks portfolio.
With P&L responsibility, the Senior Brand Manager will lead the cross functional business teams, partnering with Innovation, Finance, Supply Chain, R&D and Sales Strategy & Planning to effectively commercialize and execute plans with excellence. The Senior Brand Manager is also responsible for leading brand positioning and communication development with a multi-agency team (Advertising, Digital, Social, Consumer Promotion, Shopper Marketing) via brand impact tools including brand pyramid, connections brief and consumer journey map.
The Senior Brand Manager is responsible for managing the A&C Marketing spend budget across the premium Snacks portfolio ensuring that the portfolio “big bets” are sufficiently funded, and the investment is being allocated to drive the business. The Senior Brand Manager must have a clear understanding of P&L management to ensure mix is being optimized. The Senior Brand Manager is accountable for a deep understanding of consumption with high proficiency in translating those insights into action to address issues and maximize opportunities.
The Senior Brand Manager is also responsible for successfully leading a team of (2-3) direct reports in career development and coaching to help manage the overall priorities of the portfolio.
- Deliver total fiscal-year Snacks revenue and profit plan.
- Translate consumer insights and ideas into marketing strategy, plans and communication platforms.
- Develop, synthesize and execute lessons learned, annual brand marketing plans (consumer, trade, advertising) and strategic plan recommendations in an effort to deliver or exceed stated volume, profit and share objectives.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of competitive category and ability to navigate dynamic nature of the category from both a consumer and competitive perspective.
- Lead all new development efforts within the brand portfolio, including product, packaging and design.
- Lead development and execution of promotional and advertising activity designed to drive demand and grow total business and market share.
- Independently motivate and lead cross-functional/organizational communication regarding emerging business issues among Marketing, Manufacturing, R&D/QA, Finance and Executive Leadership Team.
- Manage, evaluate, coach and develop professional staff of 5 team members, ranging from Brand Managers to Analysts.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and analytically about the business, brands, and competitors
- Proven portfolio brand strategy development using a disciplined approach
- Positive track record for developing successful breakthrough integrated marketing campaigns with emphasis on digital and social media
- Demonstrated ability to translate insights into actionable opportunities with limited information/ knowledge base
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to develop category and customer strategies to win in adjacent categories/ new categories
- Consumer first mindset in developing brand communication strategies
- Strong collaboration skills to bring to life In-Market Activations and define launch scenarios
- Manage numerous projects on fast-track timelines while effectively balancing longer lead time requirements as dictated by marketing plans
- Lead and influence cross functional teams and work with external agency teams
- Own business results and recommend adjustments to plans as needed to drive growth
- Strong sense of enterprise-wide mindset to ensure strategic priorities & financial decisions are in the best interest of business, the division and the total company.
- Expected to be able to formulate sound strategies as well as oversee and drive executional excellence in all initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills are required to create direction; a "can do attitude" with a strong drive for results will be necessary to overcome obstacles, make pivots and motivate the team.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ years of traditional brand management experience; CPG retail experience a must
- Strong leadership ability to set, communicate and drive brand vision
- Creative thinking ability to develop new products, advertising, consumer promo, in-store execution
- High-level communication/presentation skills; ability to inform, influence and negotiate across functions and with all organization levels
- Exceptional financial/analytical acumen; understanding of full P&L, impact, and all levers as well as marketplace results
- Strong problem-solving ability necessary to close potential plan gaps decisively
- Ability to manage and motivate numerous internal, cross-functional, cross business-unit and external resources effectively
- Experience influencing and interacting with key retailers and demonstrated success in building partnerships with them
- Strong managerial, coaching and development skills with junior, mid-level and senior-level professionals
- This position will work in a company headquarter (Camden, NJ) 3 days a week
- Travel as needed (10-15%) to company meetings, company training, customer meetings, and other regions as business needs demand
Compensation and Benefits:
The base salary range for this full-time, salaried position is between $125,500.00 - $238,500.00.
An individual’s base pay depends on a number of factors, such as experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Total pay may include other forms of compensation, such as a performance-based bonus and other short- and long-term incentives. In addition, we offer competitive health, dental, 401(k), and wellness benefits beginning on one’s first day of employment. Please ask your Talent Acquisition Partner for more information about our total rewards package.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Marketing