Senior Customer Strategy Manager
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Strategy Lead is responsible for leading strategic Business Unit initiatives to ensure strategies deliver AOP goals and JBP commitments with our Customers. Critical leadership and liaison role between Campbell Snacks Sales and the Brand Business Unit. Work collaboratively with the division brand teams to deliver Big Bet and limited time offer commercialization and strategy.
The Customer Strategy Lead will interact regularly with Sales, Brand/ Shopper Marketing, Revenue Management, Category Management, and Shopper Insights to support strategic customer plans. This position is responsible for business and category-focused demand forecasting & trade management supporting commercial plans.
• Own and lead the annual planning process – ensure we are incorporating the customer voice, delivering on customer requirements and elevate initiatives, as required, to address/contingency plan against gaps to plan
• Partner with customer teams to build quality plans in alignment with both customer and Campbell Snack multiyear strategic growth initiatives.
• Co-create annual brand and sales executional strategies alongside Sales Leadership, Marketing and Category Strategy partners
• Play a critical role in Integrated Business Planning representing Sales with key metrics in mind: trade spend, distribution, merchandising, and innovation
• Lead Sales voice with Marketing Directors to ensure Big Bet Innovation strategies are developed with the voice of the Customer and are executed seamlessly - including setting reasonable targets across key KPI's, ensure the vitality & attractiveness of the proposition, meets big bet criteria, and drives category growth
• Be the sales voice in Portfolio Management Review (PMR) and Commercialization (Gating) across all Innovation projects for brand(s) of responsibility
• Lead compelling Brand offense and defense selling materials for Customer Sales and Field Operations
• Lead compelling selling stories to support innovation launches and key drive event windows
• Partner with Revenue Management and Brand on multiyear price pack architecture strategy and executional plan
• Manage and provide solutions to supply chain and logistics headwinds and opportunities
• Prioritize available product across Customers and build/execute Customer allocations where needed
• Works with many cross-functional groups or teams at the customer, customer team, and headquarter level (e.g., Sales teams, Marketing, Category Management, Revenue Management, Finance, Shopper Insights)
• Understands the unique characteristics and challenges of various retail channels and retailers and their implications and opportunities within the Business Unit
• Synthesizes multiple data sources to develop clear strategic initiatives and compelling selling stories
• Ensures continuous skill building within the function through the introduction of new tools and practices to attain and maintain strategic outlook
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• Minimum 5 years CPG experience required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
• Change Leader
• Strong influencing skills – specifically within a matrix organization
• Works well autonomously, self-starter
• Strong prioritization skills and business agility; strong ability to change and flex planning (resourcing, budgets, etc) to optimize against opportunities
• Communication Skills – Business Writing and Presentation
• Negotiation Skills
• Strategic Thinking
• Advanced analytics
• Strong understanding of P&L drivers
• Category Management/ Insights
• This position will work in a company headquarter (Camden, NJ)
• Travel as needed (10-15%) to company meetings, company training, customer meetings, and other regions as business needs demand
• This role reports directly into the Senior Director, Customer Strategy
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Compensation and Benefits:
The base salary range for this full-time, salaried position is between $105,000.00 - $194,400.00.
An individual’s base pay depends on a number of factors, such as experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Total pay may include other forms of compensation, such as a performance-based bonus and other short- and long-term incentives. In addition, we offer competitive health, dental, 401(k), and wellness benefits beginning on one’s first day of employment. Please ask your Talent Acquisition Partner for more information about our total rewards package.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Sales