Shuttle Van Driver
Reports to: Family Services Associate
Schedule: Varying 4 hour shifts available
Salary: $20 an hour
Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey
Job Summary: The Shuttle van Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of families in our passenger van using established COVID-19 safety guidelines. Shuttle Van Drivers must provide a superior customer service experience for each passenger. In this visible role, it is important that the Shuttle Van Driver maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
Flexible shifts are available within van operating hours of 8AM to 8PM.
The ability to work days, nights, weekends and/or holidays is required.
You must be COVID vaccinated to hired in this role as required by Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey.
Reasons to Join Our Team:
Families First: Everything begins with our families, so we are committed to treating guests with the utmost respect by being kind and courteous. We are the faces of our charity and we make certain to bring smiles to all we greet!
We Give Our Best: We value professional positive attitudes and believe in the true meaning of community spirit!
We are Unique and Compassionate: We act in a caring respectful way towards all guests, co-workers and volunteers regardless of individual differences. We celebrate the diversity of our people and programs..
Collaboration: We support each other in the common goal of our mission. Teamwork is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best experience for our guests.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Must have valid driver’s license to drive RMHSNJ vehicle
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds (wheelchairs, car seats, strollers)
- Welcome each family with a smile
- Transport guest families to and from RMHSNJ to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) or local shopping centers for essential necessities
- Treat all passengers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner
- Follow scheduled times and designated routes and/or responds to requests from Family Services Associate for unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs
- Kindly assists passengers in entering and exiting the vehicle
- Ensure proper child safety seats are being utilized by all children
- Report accidents, vehicle conditions or damager to Operations Manager
- Complete Mileage Van Log
- Responsible for keeping the van clean and fueled
- Must be 21 years or older
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Good driving record and clean background check
Competencies and Ability:
- Experience working as a team member
- Friendly demeanor
- Ability to communicate well and work efficiently with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Must possess qualities of friendliness, dependability, and flexibility
- Ability to understand and practice confidentiality
- Compassionate and caring with the ability to exhibit patience, attentiveness and sensitivity to others needs
- Maintain the Code of Ethics and maintain strong professional boundaries
- Flexible Schedule and available for additional coverage on an as needed basis