Join Our Team
Samaritan is a not-for-profit healthcare provider of life-enhancing care that includes primary care at home, palliative medicine, hospice care, and grief support. We are proud to be here for people, not for profit.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, generous paid time off, and industry-leading benefits. Be a part of our great team! Apply today!
- Highly competitive salary.
- Generous paid time off.
- Excellent benefits package, supplemented with concierge services, including but not limited to vision, dental, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, travel reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, multiple discount programs.
- Opportunity to work from home.
- Career opportunities, promotional opportunities and work schedule flexibility.
- 403 (b) and employer match.
- Annual employee milestone awards ceremony and recognition activities including peer recognition, and annual department celebrations.
- Samaritan is committed to inclusion, diversity, & access through board and staff committees and according to our employee surveys, employees are highly engaged, rate our management team as highly effective, and embrace our welcoming culture as demonstrated by the number of tenured employees.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Performance reviews, merit raises, and bonus opportunities.
- Conveniently-located administrative office with amenities such as an updated kitchen, think tank for brainstorming, quiet meditation room, private mother's room, and more.
- Opportunity to work for South Jersey’s first and largest hospice organization.
Providing Superior Care
Samaritan has been recognized by Strategic Healthcare Programs (SHP) as a “Superior Performer” for achieving an overall caregiver and family satisfaction score that ranked in the top 20% of all eligible SHP clients for the 2019 calendar year.
The annual SHPBest™ award program was created to acknowledge hospice providers that consistently provide high quality service to families and caregivers of patients receiving hospice care.
Our compassionate healthcare experts provide many options for people living with chronic or serious illness:
- primary care,
- supportive palliative medical care,
- hospice care,
- grief support,
- and two inpatient hospice centers.
Samaritan helps patients and their families live their best life every day and has been proudly serving the South Jersey community since 1980.
Job Responsibilities for a Hospice Social Worker includes:
Summary: Full time Hospice Social Worker to provide support to community hospice patients and families in the Camden County area. Compassionate and resourceful needed to provide for the end of life psychosocial and grief needs of patients and families while collaborating closely with the whole interdisciplinary team in support of patients' plan of care.
- Assess needs of patients and families and develop a plan of care in collaboration with health care team to optimize psychosocial functioning of patients and families
- Facilitate patient and family participation in treatment activities
- Provide emotional support, counseling and education to patients/families to ease stress, expedite decision making, to help surmount obstacles and barriers that impede accessing appropriate health care and/or community services
- Implement intervention strategies and referrals to appropriate community resources to ensure continuity of care, patient and family satisfaction and quality services
- Provide crisis intervention and supportive services to patients, families, medical staff, ancillary staff and the community in situations such as domestic, child or elder abuse, death and dying issues, etc.
- Provide timely feedback and follow-up to patients, families, health care team, peers and community agencies based on assigned level of care
- Comprehensively assess psychosocial, emotional, bereavement, cultural, and socio-economic needs, deficits, obstacles and strengths.
- Develop and follow individualized plan of care to address PCF goals/needs and identified needs/deficits/obstacles.
- Facilitate PFC participation in hospice plan of care and aide with communication with the interdisciplinary team
- Provide emotional support, counseling and education to patients/families to ease stress, improve coping and functioning, support pre-death bereavement needs, inform and expedite decision making, aide with care planning/funeral planning and help surmount obstacles and barriers that impede accessing appropriate health care and/or community services
- Facilitate referrals to appropriate community resources and ensure continuity of care, PFC satisfaction and quality services
- Provide crisis intervention and supportive services to PFC, staff, volunteers and community partners in coping with situations including but not limited to: abuse and neglect, suicidal ideation, medication diversion, death and dying issues, safety concerns, caregiver breakdown
- Facilitate discharge planning as appropriate
- Serve as a psychosocial/cultural resource and collaborative member of the Interdisciplinary Care Team.
- Provide comprehensive bereavement care to patients/families/caregivers (PFC) through assessment of grief related needs and goals, provision of grief education and counseling, telephone outreach and facilitation of appropriate community referrals.
- Serve as a collaborative member of and resource to the Interdisciplinary Care Team by participating in consultations and offering grief education and support to staff, volunteers and community partners both in relation to PFC care and professional coping.
Education or Degree Required: Masters of Social Work from an accredited school of social work or related field
License/Certification Required: LSW or LCSW. LCSW preferred, valid Driver’s License and Evidence of Auto Insurance
Related Experience and Training Required: At least 1 year medical or health related experience required after licensure or 900 hours of medical or health related internship related to a master’s program. Must have knowledge of community resources
Email Daura Jones at email@example.com. to apply!
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : General