Sr. Manager, Sales Finance
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
In this position, Senior Manager, Sales Finance will play a key role in supporting the Campbell’s Snacks business portfolio for the South Region. The Senior Manager will be the key business partner to the VP Sales of the South Region and their broader sales team. In addition to providing financial leadership, the individual will provide strategic direction and thought leadership to the sales teams and the broader sales / cross functional groups. The position is responsible for providing financial stewardship of South regional grocery customers with $350 million net sales and $75 million in annual trade spend. In addition to regional grocery customer ownership, the South region is responsible for the DSD execution of $1B gross sales to all grocery & mass customers in the geography. The more specific responsibilities include the execution of monthly projections, trade management, annual operating plans, leading a direct Sales Finance team, commercialization opportunities and being a liaison between customer teams and business units on key investment decisions.
- Business Partnering: Partner with the SLT, Sales Teams, and BU Finance (as necessary).
- Planning and Forecasting: Forecasting (volume and trade), integrity of the monthly forecasts. Annual operating plans, and Strategic plans. Identify risks and opportunities.
- Regional P&L Management: Reporting and analysis of business results versus plan, projection and prior year and divisional R&O. Track retail execution to drive profitable sales growth to drive Regional Margin Contribution
- Investment Analysis and Decision Support: Develop insights from analytical work, evaluate investment options, and make recommendations as it relates to pricing, merchandising, etc.
- Resource Management: Ensure spending within budgets and all resources are optimally deployed. Trade Management: Understand the role of trade in driving demand and drive for efficiency. Ensure e4 plans are maintained and trade spending by team is within approved category rates.
- Fiduciary Controls and Compliance: Ensure controls are in place and complied with appropriately including, but not limited to, deduction management & trade policy compliance.
- Change Management: Serve as a change champion in support of operating within the Finance operating model and achieving finance transformation goals which may include special enterprise / sales centric projects
- Manage financial planning, analysis & reporting over new initiatives and innovation pipeline requiring complex modeling of outcomes at times with limited data references
- Understand the breadth of the product portfolio and the different routes to market
- Understand customer strategies (at category level) and business model(s) and the implications for Campbell’s various product categories
- Ability to influence Sales leadership on key strategic / operational decisions
- Manage challenging negotiations with the World’s largest retailer
- Instill operating discipline and financial rigor with non-Finance partners.
- Being comfortable in a highly visible role within the organization
- Ability to balance business unit goals with customer goals and enterprise strategies.
- Seamlessly manage competing priorities in a fast and high-pressured matrixed environment
- Ability to lead and manage through ambiguity, particularly important as we harmonize policies and practices across US Sales.
- Lead a team of direct Sales Finance associates
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- BS degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum 8 years required, primarily in Finance function
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence at various organizational levels
- Analytical strength with ability to translate insights into action plans
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- This position will work in a company headquarter (Camden, NJ) 3 days a week
- Travel as needed (10-15%) to company meetings, company training, customer meetings, and other regions as business needs demand
Compensation and Benefits:
The base salary range for this full-time, salaried position is between $105,000.00 - $194,400.00.
An individual’s base pay depends on a number of factors, such as experience, job-related skills, and relevant education or training. Total pay may include other forms of compensation, such as a performance-based bonus and other short- and long-term incentives. In addition, we offer competitive health, dental, 401(k), and wellness benefits beginning on one’s first day of employment. Please ask your Talent Acquisition Partner for more information about our total rewards package.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance