Training & Technical Assistance Officer
Job Title: Training & Technical Assistance Officer
Job Function: Responsible for instructing workshops for the small business community as well as mentoring start-up and existing small businesses throughout New Jersey on various business issues.
Accountability: Reports to Director of Training & Technical Assistance
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct small business workshops using UCEDC’s curriculum.
- Mentor UCEDC clients on a variety of business issues to fit their current needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations through the state.
- Perform site visits to UCEDC loan clients
- Respond to inquiries from clients and the business community to provide timely business advice and referrals.
- Perform public speaking to inform the business community about UCEDC services at events.
- Timely reporting of activities for inclusion in reports to funding agencies
- Assist clients with UCEDC’s loan application process.
- 5 years business experience, 2 years working with small business owners and entrepreneurs
- Business ownership experience a plus
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
- Strong oral and written skills
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, marketing and operational issues as they relate to small businesses, including the use of social media
- Familiar with using QuickBooks or other computerized accounting systems
- Experience in public speaking and facilitating training workshops
- Experience in developing curriculum for business training courses