Atlantic City Casinos Kick Off Unofficial Start to Summer 2022
Atlantic City, NJ – Atlantic City is gearing up for the unofficial start of the 2022 summer travel season, as Atlantic City casinos prepare to welcome tourists to the seaside resort this Memorial Day Weekend. The transformation of the City of Atlantic City continues thanks to citywide redevelopment projects, as well as major capital investments from the Atlantic City casino industry.
“We are excited to kick off a strong summer season this Memorial Day Weekend, welcoming visitors to enjoy all our city has to offer, from premier gaming to first-class dining and entertainment,” said Joe Lupo, President of the Casino Association of New Jersey. “The casino industry is committed to the future of Atlantic City, and through our combined efforts we are revitalizing this beautiful destination resort.”
Collectively, Atlantic City casinos have invested approximately $1 billion dollars into the marketplace over the past several years. The properties continue to diversify Atlantic City’s offerings, as well as invest hundreds of millions of dollars in redevelopment projects and amenities to attract new visitors.
“The Atlantic City casino industry is vital to South Jersey’s economy,” said Christina Renna, President & CEO of the Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey. “As we continue to rebuild and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, the industry’s growth and prosperity is more important than ever before. We look forward to an even stronger summer season here in South Jersey, to further stimulate our local and regional economies.”
Key redevelopment projects that are underway and are contributing to the ongoing transformation of the resort destination include:
· Stockton University broke ground on Phase II of the Atlantic City Campus, which will feature a residential dormitory expansion. The project is set for completion in 2023. More students living in Atlantic City has proven to diversify and strengthen the local economy.
· AtlantiCare is building a new Medical Arts Pavilion in Atlantic City. The $38.3 million, three-story, 69,700-square-foot facility is anticipated to open this fall, increasing access to health care for the community.
· The Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) approved an $18.7 million fund to construct a new ShopRite supermarket in Atlantic City. The store will ensure that Atlantic City is no longer a food desert and will provide area residents with high-quality and affordable grocery options.
· The Chelsea Economic Development Corporation’s partnership with residents, businesses and community organizations is activating projects, including home buying grants and capital grants for small businesses, to expand economic opportunity and improve the quality of life in the Chelsea Neighborhood of Atlantic City.
· Atlantic Cape Community College is opening a Wind Training Center on its city campus this fall, funded by a nearly $3 million New Jersey Offshore Wind Safety Training Challenge Grant awarded to the college in July 2021. Construction began in the winter. Separately, wind developer Ørsted hopes to start work on a maintenance and operations center in Atlantic City to support its offshore wind projects in the area.
From the Boardwalk to the beach, and casino resorts, Atlantic City is a top destination for tourists this summer. Atlantic City is home to the 113th NAACP National Convention this July and the Atlantic City Airshow, “A Salute to Those Who Serve”, will return to Atlantic City on Wednesday, August 24. Additionally, there are new restaurants, world-class entertainment, experiences and events for visitors to enjoy throughout the season, including:
· Bally’s Atlantic City
· The grand opening of the all-new Bally’s features 750 newly renovated rooms including suites and penthouses, new slots, a new hotel lobby, Carousel Bar a 360-degree rotating bar, and The Yard – Beers, Eats & Beats. For details, visit www.ballysac.com/renovations.
· Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa
· Borgata is kicking off the summer season with opening the Beer Garden and Outdoor Pool on Friday, May 27. Guests can lounge poolside and enjoy refreshing cocktails and delicious snacks while enjoying the beautiful surroundings. As the sun goes down, the Beer Garden heats up with an eclectic variety of beers and bites.
· Memorial Day Weekend at Borgata is stacked with entertainment with Primus, the Rock Band Friday May 27. Rock out with the Boxmasters live at the Music Box on Saturday, May 28 and don’t miss the Struts as they take the stage on Sunday May 29. Live music doesn’t stop here, please visit theborgata.com for complete lineup.
· The summer months at Borgata will continue to buzz with the return of the Borgata Comedy Club, Burlesque and electrifying entertainment. Mandy Moore is taking her first major tour in over a decade and will be on stage in the Music Box on June 18. Comedian Trevor Noah makes a stop in the “Back to Abnormal Tour” in July while Rick Springfield brings his biggest hits to Borgata’s Event Center in August. To learn more please visit: https://borgata.mgmresorts.com/en.html.
· Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City
· Caesars Atlantic City will partner with acclaimed Chef Gordon Ramsay to open the East Coast’s first Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen restaurant; global lifestyle brand Nobu Hospitality to bring the region’s first Nobu Atlantic City, a restaurant and hotel within Caesars; and show producer Spiegelworld to introduce a brand-new residency arriving in 2023. Most recently, the resort unveiled enhanced rooms and suites offering guests spectacular views and fresh and airy modern designs inspired by the beach. To learn more please visit: https://www.caesars.com/caesars-ac.
· Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City will open Bobby’s Burgers by Bobby Flay, one of the brand’s first East Coast locations this summer. The restaurant will mark Flay’s return to the Atlantic City market, offering guests throughout the tri-state area and beyond the opportunity to indulge in traditional and unique burgers, fries, and shakes. Additionally, Harrah’s Resort recently debuted renovated rooms and suites in its Atrium Tower infused with rich elements that are fun, lively, and vibrant. To learn more please visit: https://www.caesars.com/harrahs-ac.
· Tropicana Atlantic City will debut 8 of the 14 new dining and entertainment concepts coming to Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City’s resorts, starting with the recently opened Wild Honey Smokehouse and Tavern, followed by Ossu Japanese Tavern, Purple Zebra Daiquiri Bar, and Hash House A Go Go. To learn more please visit: https://www.caesars.com/tropicana-ac.
· Golden Nugget Atlantic City
· Deck Music Festivals will make their return this summer at Golden Nugget Atlantic City’s The Deck, featuring Hell’s Belles (6/9), Fakefest (6/23-26), British Invasion (7/16) and Deckstock (8/13). Golden Nugget also recently opened Signature Liquors, serving as a one stop shop with a variety of liquor selections to meet all our customers’ liquor needs. Signature Liquors is now open Friday through Sunday. To learn more please visit: https://www.goldennugget.com/atlantic-city/.
· Hard Rock Atlantic City
· Experience Beyond Van Gogh only at Hard Rock Atlantic City this summer from July 8 through August 28. Occupying over 30,000 sq. footage, Beyond Van Gogh breathes new life into over 300 of Van Gogh’s artworks. Hard Rock Atlantic City is also the place to be for entertainment with headliner acts including Lionel Richie (6/24), Andrea Bocelli (6/25), The Chainsmokers (7/1), New Kids on the Block (7/3), Alicia Keys (8/6), Rod Stewart (8/19) & more. Then, enjoy our award-winning restaurants and rock inside (and out) with our Beach Bar and 365 Live this summer. For Tickets & To Book Your Stay, Visit: HardRockHotelAtlanticCity.com.
· Ocean Casino Resort
· Ocean Casino Resort has announced over $85 million in property development debuting throughout the summer. Updates include the completion of over 460 hotel rooms and suites (July 1), an innovative new sports and entertainment venue – The Gallery Bar Book & Games (July 1), and multiple new food and beverage outlets including the iconic NYC landmark, Serendipity3 (June 1) and a brand-new Starbucks (summer). To learn more please visit: https://www.theoceanac.com/.
· Resorts Casino Hotel
· Resorts Casino Hotel is kicking off Memorial Day Weekend and Hot Summer Fun with their annual Beach Ball Drop on Friday, May 27 at 5PM. The boardwalk will be activated all day long with live entertainment and giveaways. Also opening on May 27 is Coral Lounge, a new under the sea themed pop-up bar. There are so many ways to play as the gaming floor was updated with 400+ of the newest and hottest slot games! Resorts Casino Hotel summer entertainment lineup includes the Boogie Wonder Band (May 28), Tower of Power (June 3), Comix Presents Comedy Series with Tom Cotter (June 11), The Case of the Beach Ball Butcher – A Murder Mystery on the 13th Floor (June 17-18, July 22-23, August 19-20) and live entertainment 7 days a week on the beach at Landshark! The highly anticipated renovated pool deck will debut in July. The area will include a brand-new indoor/outdoor pool with customized tile work, a large bar area and lots of space to relax. To learn more please visit: https://resortsac.com/.