South Jersey Gas accepting applications for First Responders Grant Program
South Jersey Gas kicks off its First Responders Grant Program, awarding grants to first responder departments to provide critical support for operations.
All paid or volunteer fire, emergency medical services and police departments serving at least one of the municipalities in the South Jersey Gas service area are eligible to apply. Our First Responders Grant Program is intended to provide critical support for operations conducted by first responder departments.
- Each first responder department must be comprised of paid staff or volunteers that serve within the South Jersey Gas service area
- The grant must be used to fund training or purchase/upgrade gear and equipment utilized to protect volunteer fire and/or EMS personnel, police and/or the community
Want to apply for a First Responders Grant? Click here to apply by Friday, November 5.
The 2020 First Responders Grant Program recipient departments and projects include:
- Barrington Fire Department – to purchase multigas monitoring meters and low-profile hand lights
- Cape May County Regional Urban Search and Rescue Team– to purchase a monopod system for trench rescues in confined spaces
- City of Bridgeton Fire Department – to purchase a gas monitoring meter
- Deepwater Fire Department – to support the purchase of LED traffic control devices
- Galloway Township Police Department – to support the purchase of a K-9 officer and related training
- Laurel Springs Fire Department – to purchase turnout gear for a firefighter
- Medford Township Fire and EMS – to purchase multigas monitoring detectors
- Pennsville Ambulance Department – to purchase a UV light and UV rapid sanitizer
- Sea Isle City Police Department – to purchase body armor for officers
- Vineland Fire Department – to purchase portable gas leak detection equipment
- Woolwich Fire Company – to purchase portable water tanks for fires in non-hydrant areas