Camden County Launches Third Round of Rental Assistance Funds
The Camden Board of County Commissioners is launching a new round of support for renters at risk of losing their homes or facing an eviction threat due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Board is now officially accepting applications from eligible renters facing financial hardship due to the pandemic.
The Camden County RECOVERS Rental Assistance Grant makes available up to 18 months of back rent (dating back to March 13, 2020). In addition, the newest phase of the program will also include three months of prospective rental payments.
Utilities that are included in rent will be treated as rent and internet services may be considered an eligible utility. While tenants will apply to take part in the program, payments will be made directly to landlords, unless the landlord does not respond and then the payment will be made directly to the tenant.
In order to qualify for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program, applications must meet all three of the following conditions:
- Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs or experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability (i.e. past due notice, rent notice, or eviction notice).
- Has a household income at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI).
- Preference will be given to households with income below 50% AMI.
Additionally, the program will have the following requirements:
- There must be no duplication of funds.
- The amount of rent to be reimbursed per month will be capped at Camden County’s Fair Market Rent (FMR) Limits.
- A preference will be given to households with one or more individuals that have not been employed for more than 90 days.
- Landlords must agree to waive late fees and penalties.
More information regarding the Rental Assistance Program, how to apply, and the additional eligibility requirements is available by visiting www.camdencounty.com.
Applications for the program will be awarded on a first come, first served basis, and will be accepted until all available funds have been awarded. To apply, go to www.rentrelief.com/camden or call (833) 327-2199, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Please reach out to Hilary Chebra, Manager, Government Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.