CSIT Opens Application for Clean Tech Seed Grant Pilot Program
On January 24, the New Jersey Commission on Science, Innovation and Technology (CSIT) opened applications for the $1.5 million Round 2 of its Clean Tech Seed Grant Pilot Program. CSIT developed the program in coordination with the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (NJBPU) and the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA).
Qualified applicants can receive up to $75,000 in grants through the Clean Tech Seed Grant Pilot Program and the total funding for second pilot program is $1,500,000. The funding is being provided through NJBPU’s Clean Energy Program.
The application for Round 2 of the Clean Tech Seed Grant Pilot Program can be found at: https://www.njeda.com/clean-tech-grant/. Applications will be accepted through March 21, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
CSIT will host an informational webinar, including a walk-through of the Clean Tech Seed Grant Program – Round 2 application on Wednesday, January 26, 2022. Registration information can be found here. A recorded version of the webinar and copy of materials presented will be made available on the CSIT webpage following the event.
All applicants for the Clean Tech Seed Grant Program should be between a minimum technology development level of Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 2 (applied research) and maximum of TRL 7 (full-scale, similar (prototypical) system demonstrated in relevant environment), based on the Department of Energy definitions. Applicants should use the tool included in the Technical Proposal attachment on the application portal to determine TRL score.
Additional eligibility criteria require that applicants:
- Be authorized and in good standing to conduct business in New Jersey as evidenced by a New Jersey current New Jersey tax clearance certificate;
- Have a minimum of one full-time equivalent employee (working 35 hrs. per week) including founders, with at least one employee working 50% of their time on the project being proposed;
- Have 50 percent or more of the work of its employees, including founders and contractors conducted in NJ (calculated on a full-time equivalent basis – 35 hours per week);
- Have 50 percent or more of employees including founders/contractors live or pay withholding taxes in NJ;
- Have less than two million dollars ($2,000,000) in prior third-party funding over its lifetime (excluding government grants);
- Have less than five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) in previous calendar year sales revenue.