Uber Eats & Visa Announces Grants for Certain Restaurants
Uber Eats and Visa are introducing Grants for Growth, a new grant program that provides $1 million in grants to small businesses that have been impacted by COVID, hurricanes, natural disasters and other unexpected events. Through the program, $10,000 grants will be provided to 100 Uber Eats member restaurants to support expenses such as payroll, vendor payments, rent and utilities and upgrading technology infrastructure.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Restaurants or food entrepreneurs not affiliated with a national brand, with fewer than five locations.
- A grant recipient must be an active Uber Eats partner as of January 2022 (verified by Uber).
- Must have 50 or fewer employees per location.
- Must have annual gross revenues in 2019 of less than $3 million per location.
- LISC will give weighted preference for women-owned, veteran-owned, LGTBQIA, and BIPOC-owned enterprises.
- Restaurants in the following markets: Boston, Philadelphia, Bay Area, NYC Metro/New Jersey, Los Angeles, Miami, Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta and Detroit.
- January 10th: website will open for restaurants to register to apply.
- January 17-24th: grant applications open through website.
- February 15th to May 31st: grantee selection and payment process.
Applications will be available here between Jan. 17-24.