6-15-20 Senate Voting Session
The Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey (CCSNJ) would like to voice our support for the following bills:
- S-2522 (Sarlo / Sweeney) - Permits certain entertainment and retail activity during current public health emergency and state of emergency.
- S-2525 (Rice) - Expands powers and duties of State Chief Diversity Officer to promote diversity in State government and public contracting; makes officer member to State Investment Council.
- S-2527 (Sweeney) - Concerns online marketing of affordable housing units.
- S-2542 (Diegnan) - Allows municipality to suspend certain zoning requirements during COVID-19 emergency.
- SCR-111 (Holzapfel / Gopal) - Urges President and Congress to enact legislation forgiving community disaster loans issued after Superstorm Sandy.
The CCSNJ appreciates the Legislature’s continued focus on assuring that businesses have the proper tools to mitigate the looming economic crisis a result of COVID-19. These bills will give businesses additional flexibility and resources as they continue to navigate the pandemic’s impact on their operations. Additionally, the CCSNJ is pleased to see the Legislature’s attention to assuring minority and women-owned businesses have more opportunities to participate in the procurement of goods and services within the public sector.
Thank you for the ability to share our support on the above measures.