CCSNJ Desk Letter for March 24 Assembly Voting Session
M E M O R A N D U M
TO: Members of the New Jersey General Assembly
FROM: Hilary Chebra, Manager, Government Affairs, CCSNJ
RE: Support of:
- A-2065 (Coughlin/Dunn)
- A-2285 (Freiman/Timberlake)
- A-2315 (Dancer)
- A-2677 (McClellan/Reynolds-Jackson/Sumter)
- S-757/A-2772 (Sarlo/Oroho/Freiman/Mukherji/Dancer)
The Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey (CCSNJ) would like to voice our support for the following legislation being discussed today:
- A-2065 (Coughlin/Dunn) - Amends applicability of law prohibiting sale and distribution of plastic and paper carryout bags to food banks and food pantries.
- A-2285 (Freiman/Timberlake) - Establishes process for formation of professional limited liability companies.
- A-2315 (Dancer) - Allows commercial farmer to be awarded reasonable costs and attorney fees for defending against bad faith complaints under "Right to Farm Act".
- A-2677 (McClellan/Reynolds-Jackson/Sumter) - Requires Division of Travel and Tourism establish Black Heritage Trail; establishes NJ Black Cultural Heritage Commission.
- S-757/A-2772 (Sarlo/Oroho/Freiman/Mukherji/Dancer) - Authorizes special occasion events at certain farms on preserved farmland, under certain conditions.
However, the CCSNJ would like to express our opposition to:
- A-3671 (Mukherji/Tucker/Moriarty) - Extends prohibition on certain utility discontinuances for certain customers.
Thank you for the ability to share our position on the above measures.