Direct Support Professionals Full Time & Part Time - No Experience Necessary
Salary: $16.00 – $17.13 per hour
Education/Experience: 18 years or older with a High School Diploma or GED, and a valid driver's license. Experience in working with the developmentally disabled is preferred.
Judgment/Initiative: Must be able to use good judgment in dealing with consumer issues/emergencies, as well as staff-related issues. Must work well independently and maintain a good working relationship with the supervisor.
- Valid New Jersey driver's license.
- Successful completion of all pre-service training, at the time of hire, or within 3 months of employment.
- CPR and First aid certification.
- Physical and negative Mantoux or chest x-ray
Work is active and is performed within the consumer’s home as well as in the community. Lifting of heavy objects or persons may be required. You may be required to drive large vehicles. You may provide individual support offered in a dignified fashion in the areas of toileting, showering, and any other areas of hygiene.
Essential Functions: Insure the overall health and safety of consumers and strive to have consumers understand and exercise their rights to the fullest extent possible. Provide training to consumers in the development of independent living skills including but not limited to, instruction in social skills, meal preparation, money management, sexuality, and hygiene.
- Work effectively with all management staff and maintain communication.
- Know, understand and follow DDD Licensing Standards, Arc Personnel Policies, and The Arc Residential Policies and Procedures and assure likewise for all staff. Assure maintenance of all records in accordance with these policies.
- Assure the safekeeping of all consumer money by being responsible for keeping records and receipts as required.
- Be responsible for petty cash including staying within budget, keeping accurate records of expenses and maintaining receipts as needed for living expenses.
- Teaching daily living skills as detailed in the consumer’s IHP.
- Recognize each individual consumer’s strengths and adaptive limitations to assure each individual is receiving his/her required level of support across all environments.
- Protecting their rights, teaching them to exercise their rights, and supporting them to live up to their responsibilities.
- Observing each consumer’s right to confidentiality.
Employees are required to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination or provide weekly negative results from Covid-19 test.
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General