Financial Services Representative - Burlington
*****$1,000 Sign On Bonus*****
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Financial Service Representative is responsible for the tactical initiatives as they relate to building member relationships, providing world-class service and achieving branch goals. The incumbent will promote and build positive relationships with members and provide solutions to their financial needs, remaining committed to the organization’s core values.
The position’s essential duties include the following:
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of Teller functions.
- Presents and explains Credit Union membership, products and services to potential and existing members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Keeps members informed of Credit Union policies and information, including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options, and other related services.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities through asking members pertinent questions, execution of active listening skills while communicating with members and anticipation of member needs.
- Responds to member’s requests, problems, and complaints and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information or assistance.
- Build positive relationships with other lines of business by interacting with other business units.
- Refers members to departments for specialized needs (i.e., Mortgage). Refers members to designated Credit Union partners to fulfill financial counseling, investment and insurance needs.
- Reviews all available operational, product and procedure manuals in branch to become completely familiar with all branch operations, products, services and policies.
- Demonstrate effective communication with all internal and external business partners, including the retail partner, while effectively communicating upwards and across the organization.
- Volunteer for SEG sign-ups and other credit union activities.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to Andrews Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have 6 months experience in a sales/service role within the financial services industry or other types of retail businesses.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of how the financial markets impact the financial services industry and excel at representing credit union products and operations
- Minimal travel amongst branches may be required.
- The ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and a 10-key calculator.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Apply here: https://www.andrewsfcu.org/Learn/Inside-Andrews/About-Us/Careers