The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance, diagnostics and repair of trucks, trailers, and landscaping equipment in accordance with factory and industry standards. They are crucial to the smooth and timely execution and completion of landscaping maintenance and landscaping construction projects. The Fleet Mechanic is committed to performing all duties in alignment with company safety policies.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Perform maintenance, run diagnostics, and repair vehicles in accordance with factory and industry standards
• Perform maintenance activity for all equipment and trucks
• Weld and repair trailers and equipment as needed
• Analyze, inspect and repair malfunctions on engines, transmissions, clutches, suspension, steering, and more
• Inspect trucks, trailers, mowers, and other equipment to ensure they can operate safely
• Document issues and the steps taken to correct them
• Test drive vehicles to ensure they are running properly and safely
• Diagnose and repair on small equipment such as mowers, edgers, blowers, etc.
• Report inventory, equipment/part needs and operator issues to Fleet Coordinator
• Communicate fleet and equipment needs, concerns and issues to Fleet Coordinator
• Conduct all job responsibilities in accordance with company safety guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The Fleet Mechanic is a resource for the Landscape Maintenance, Landscape Construction and Contracting divisions. Communication, time management, and organizational skills and reliability are key to success in this position. They must have attention to detail and be able to work well under demanding conditions.
Education: Diploma in Diesel Mechanics
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair and Valid Driver’s License
Job Type : Full-Time