Manager - CPA
Reports to: Engagement Senior Managers and/or Partners
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Managers can perform most engagements with little direction. They direct and review the work of seniors and associates and are capable of making decisions on most accounting, tax, and auditing matters. When unusual situations arise, they present the pertinent information to the engagement senior manager or partner and follow their advice.
FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE OUR WEBSITE: WWW.BOWMAN.CPA/CAREERS and to complete an online application.
A Manager is expected to meet all of the Senior expectations and the following:
- In consultation with administrative partner, participate in professional associations such as the NJSCPA, RMA Association and other similar professional associations.
- Be responsible for the review and completion of all workpapers, financial statements and special services.
- Evaluate, when applicable, Associates and Senior Associates.
- Regularly participate in practice development.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the engagement senior managers or partners.
- Involves work in the firm's office or on the client's premises. Work on the client's premises may require the use of the manager’s personal car.
- Moderate to low overtime required throughout the year. High level of overtime may be required to complete audit and tax engagements.
- Managers normally have a minimum of three to five years' experience as a senior (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the partners).
- Managers must have at least a college undergraduate degree and have completed at least 24 hours in college-level accounting courses.
- Must be a CPA or someone who successfully completed the CPA exam but is not yet licensed because of having failed to complete the 150 hour requirement.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The firm's management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the firm may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance