Paraprofessional - Lower School
Transportation to and from the Lindenwold and Atco train stations will be available.
The general function of the department:
To service children with special needs during the regular ten month school year, and during the extended school year in July & August.
The primary purpose of this position:
The paraprofessional is a non-certified staff member who does not hold the position of teacher, but assists the classroom teacher under the guidance of a teacher and the building principal. Sometimes paraprofessionals serve as teacher assistants, one-to-one aides (assigned to individual students), or they perform school-related clerical duties.
The paraprofessional provides appropriate and consistent service to students, helping to implement educational activities, as well as offering emotional, social, and behavioral development.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Assists teacher in monitoring of students academic work and behavioral performance
- Contributes input during parent conferences
- Performs classroom and school-related clerical duties as needed
- Maintains accurate records; attendance, behavior modification points, lunch counts
- Cleans and decorates classroom; designs monthly bulletin boards
- Assists students during arrival and dismissal from school
- Supervises students while moving throughout the building, around campus and during assigned school activities
- Attends all staff meetings, in-services and orientations
- Attends annual Handle with Care and Crisis Prevention Institute trainings
- Responsible for all miscellaneous duties as assigned by the teacher or principal
- Develops an annual Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) approved by the principal
- Earns annual certification in CPR/AED
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General