Program Coordinator - Two Positions Open (One in NJ, One in PA)
Location: Your home base is in Pennsylvania or New Jersey (required). Regular in-state PA and NJ travel required, including some overnight travel (monthly). Work from our Philadelphia office or your home office otherwise.
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director and collaborates closely with colleagues.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a candidate is hired. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or acceptable reason for exemption is required for all new employees.
Organization Description: The Energy Efficiency Alliance (EEA), a 501(c)3 non-profit, educates key stakeholders about energy efficiency. The affiliated 501(c)(6) trade associations, the Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance and the Energy Efficiency Alliance of New Jersey are Pennsylvania and New Jersey’s trade associations for the energy efficiency industry. Together, the EEA family of organizations engage businesses in the EE industry to champion the economic growth and jobs impact of EE, its climate impact and opportunities for EE to play a key role in advancing a clean energy economy/
The Program Coordinator leads research on EE industry businesses in PA and NJ, organizes engaging programming (tours, events, webinars, happy hours) to showcase EE projects/technologies and to facilitate business relationship growth, and supports our 501c6 trade associations by managing membership services and systems, such as the monthly member calls, the Annual Member Meeting and dues invoicing.
The Program Coordinator also performs various additional tasks and administrative duties to support the policy work of the organization, including setting up meetings, preparing or assisting in preparing materials/web content/handouts/presentations, and conducting supporting research and outreach. The Program Coordinator works closely with the Communications Manager to elevate EE success stories for production/amplification.
Core Area 1: Identifying the EE Industry players in NJ and PA and Helping EEA to Foster Relationships with Them.
● Establish and regularly refresh a database of energy efficiency businesses across NJ and PA.
● Create and manage tools such as surveys and data maps with information gathered.
● Develop an annual outreach plan to engage the EE industry participants.
● Produce quarterly events or educational opportunities/meetings between energy efficiency businesses, local elected officials and other decision-makers to highlight the benefits of EE.
● Position senior staff to establish and nurture valuable business relationships through meetings, communications, etc. Schedule check-in and introductory meetings for senior staff with existing and prospective members and industry participants.
● Identify leads for potential energy efficiency champions in the business community and make connections through calls and emails, networking, attending events, etc.
● Represent EEA at public events, such as Chamber of Commerce meetings, Manufacturing Assistance Program events, Clean Energy business events, and adjacent industry meetings, etc.
Core Area 2: Support Policy and EE Storytelling Objectives
● Work closely with the Communications Manager, supporting efforts to highlight success stories and to engage business voices in support of EE, including activities such as: monitoring media for EE businesses successes to showcase, drafting outline-level content, or attending industry events.
o Position is part of the team responsible for meeting annual production metrics for EE storytelling.
o As needed, support Policy Team with state-focused research, content, input and events aligned with policy priorities for the year, such as helping to organize Lobby Day events.
Core Area 3: Manage Member Services for trade association affiliates
● Manage KEEA & EEA-NJ member services.
o Directly responsible for membership dues management and invoicing.
o Directly responsible for maintaining the current membership list and contact points in the CRM database.
o Directly responsible for conducting membership surveys and scheduling check-in calls with members.
● Work closely with EEA’s current members and partners. Organize monthly member update calls and Annual Member Meeting, directly support Membership Committee of the Board of Directors
● Develop/refresh content for membership outreach.
● Excellent communication skills, including listening well and speaking and writing in a clear, cogent, concise and engaging manner.
● Highly organized and able to keep detailed records and to learn or use a spreadsheet or CRM system to accurately maintain data, call records and to create monthly reports.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
● Self-starter with a “go-getter”attitude.
● Four-year degree requested; encourage applications from candidates with comparable life experience with appropriate skills.
● Marketing, public policy, executive support/administrative studies/backgrounds may be particularly well suited to this position.
● Desired/Preferred but NOT required:
o Experience in activity that requires prospecting, building relationships and systematically delivering on ambitious goals.
o Familiarity with CRM preferred.
o Experience in and knowledge of the energy or energy efficiency field..
o Experience in organizing, policy work, and/or advocacy.
Workplace Policy: EEA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and hires on merit.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance (80% coverage for employee and 50% for employee spouse/ dependents), 401k with 1.5% match, basic flextime, paid holidays, summer ½ day Fridays, professional development support, and 3 weeks paid vacation after completing 3-month probationary period.
To Apply: Candidates should send a resume and MANDATORY cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. No application will be considered without a COVER NOTE/LETTER in which you sell us on why you are a good candidate.
The Energy Efficiency Alliance is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)3 corporation dedicated to advancing energy efficiency in the Mid-Atlantic through education and awareness
Job Type : Full-Time