Full Job Description
Ranch Hope is currently recruiting Science Teacher for our Special Education School in Alloway NJ. Since 1964 Ranch Hope has transformed lives of children and families from throughout the state of NJ.
To provide an approved educational program for Strang School special education students residing in at Ranch Hope residential treatment program; to establish a classroom environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help pupils develop the necessary skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to provide a strong foundation for continued education; and to maintain professional relationships. Willing to learn the Nurtured Heart Approach and how to provide Trauma Informed Care to special education students residing at Ranch Hope. Paraprofessionals and Behavior Intervention Team are available to assist as needed to maintain strong classroom management.
- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate in Subject Area Endorsement or Certificate of Eligibility. Special Education Certification a plus or willingness to apply for Special Ed. CE.
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject specialty and Effective teaching methods.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Able to handle behavioral distraction/interruptions daily while maintaining a strong learning environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with technology resources.
- Willing to be a team player
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship.
Principal and Designated Administrators.
Pupils, and when assigned, classroom aides.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
10 month contract as per the school calendar. Option of working extended school year.
Salary range is $51,000 to $56,000 based on your Department of Education Certification Status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $51,000.00 - $56,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person