Title: Senior Associate
Classification: Exempt but with paid or banked OT
Reports to: Engagement Managers, Senior Managers and/or Partners
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior associates can perform most engagements with moderate supervision. They direct and review the work of associates. When unusual situations arise, they present the pertinent information to the engagement manager, senior manager or partner and follow their advice.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE: WWW.BOWMAN.CPA/CAREERS AND COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION.
A Senior Associate is expected to meet all of the Associate expectations and the following:
- Conduct and oversee field work.
- Oversee and, when requested, provide input on the evaluation of associates.
- Supervise and train firm members.
- Plan engagements utilizing a risk based approach to achieve quality goals and maximize efficiency which includes reviewing and gaining an understanding of the client’s internal control and the development of applicable workprograms.
- Be responsible for assisting in the completion of all financial statements, applicable tax returns, and special services prior to submission.
- Assist Managers and Senior Managers with the review of workpapers, reports, and statements completed by staff.
- Prepare for and pass the CPA exam and the RMA examination, if working in the Governmental Services Department.
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services to clients and participate in practice development which includes participation and attendance at various social, civic, political and charitable events.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the engagement managers, senior managers or partners.
- Involves work in the firm's office or on the client's premises. Work on the client's premises may require the use of the senior's personal car. Working from home may also be an option.
- Moderate to low overtime required throughout the year. High level of overtime may be required to complete audit and tax engagements.
- Senior associates normally have a minimum of three years' experience as an Associate (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the partners).
- Senior associates must have at least a college undergraduate degree and have completed at least 24 hours in college-level accounting courses.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The firm's management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the firm may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance