Special Educator Early Intervention
The general function of the department:
Evaluate and treat individual children from birth to three years of age and support families following guidelines set by NJEI system.
The primary purpose of this position:
Act as a member of the Early Intervention team to design and implement curriculum activities which meet the needs of the child and family.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Complete eligibility determinations, assessments, IFSP’s, 6 month and annual reviews.
- Staff instructions for carrying out transdisciplinary approach to early intervention services.
- Formulate IFSP to meet each child’s needs in conjunction with the family.
- Provide developmental intervention services to the child and family in the natural setting as determined by the IFSP.
- Communicate effectively with staff, director, children and families.
- Complete all required reports, session sheets, updates, and annual reviews.
- Deliver required original paperwork for evaluations, assessments, annual reviews and service sessions to Step by Step office by deadlines designated by program director and evaluation coordinator.
- Schedule family visits within acceptable timelines as per procedural safeguards.
- Participate in bi-monthly team meetings.
- Complete all mandatory Early Intervention trainings within required timelines.
- Demonstrate acceptable levels of job performance by attaining productivity goals mutually agreed upon with Program Director.
- Perform all other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : General