Teacher - Upper School
Transportation to and from the Lindenwold and Atco train stations will be available.
- Works under the direct supervision of the principal.
- Works effectively with the Archway child study team, sending district child study teams, administration, parents and support staff (teacher assistants, crisis counselor, related services)
- Gives direction to teacher assistant
- Utilizes teacher assistant appropriately to provide student activities
- Develops effective classroom management system
- Organizes classroom environment/lessons effectively to meet students needs
- Has a copy of students current IEP and maintains records of goal/objective mastery
- Utilizes appropriate methods/materials to help student succeed
- Organizes/utilizes classroom learning center and displays student work/behavioral contracts
- Maintains ongoing and regular contact with parents concerning: student growth, behavior, needs
- Keep up-to-date anecdotal records and work folders indicating pupils current level of functioning in each basic skill area
- Assists in curriculum development selection of educational materials and equipment
- Utilizes a sequential curricula with planned experiences to enable students to:
- develop self-expression
- improve self-concept
- develop social skills
- develop self-help skills
- improve work/study habits
- apply knowledge in basic skill areas
- improve pupils health/physical development
- develop career awareness
- improve pre-vocational/vocational skills
- Maintains/turns in lesson plans and on-going communication forms weekly to the principal
- Participates in orientation/in-service programs, staff meetings, and students educational problems/needs
- Controls classroom environment through approved private use of discipline
- Disciplines students while encouraging positive self-growth rather than punishment
- Participates in PIP for professional development
- Arrives to work on time and adheres to the electronic sign in/payroll system and attendance policy
- Attends yearly Handle With Care and CPI training.
- Maintains confidentiality of students personal information at all times.
- Maintains student information in a locked and secure space.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : General